G'day

Reverie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi
I've recently realised that i would like to explore the world of photography. I guess i first thought of it when i got my little mini digital camera a couple of years back and started taking snaps of the sky mostly. But it hasn't been until the last couple of days that i've actively seeked out information on the topic. And so i found myself here. This seems like a great message board full of very helpful and experienced photographers. When i finally get a camera you'll be seeing a lot of newbie questions from me as i have NO clue about photography. Already i've found this forum helpful though.

Speaking of newbie questions, i have one right now! :mrgreen:
I'm sure this gets asked a lot, and i'm not sure that this is the right place on the board to ask it, but i'll give it a shot anyway. I want some camera recommendations. It doesn't have to be anything super professional, just a digital camera with the basics i'll need to get decent shots. If it makes any difference i will not be using it in a studio, but pretty much strictly for landscape/nature photos. Oh and i forgot to mention that money IS an object, so i don't want anything too expensive.

Well thanks very much for any help that comes my way:hail: :D

Reverie said:
Hi
I've recently realised that i would like to explore the world of photography. I guess i first thought of it when i got my little mini digital camera a couple of years back and started taking snaps of the sky mostly. But it hasn't been until the last couple of days that i've actively seeked out information on the topic. And so i found myself here. This seems like a great message board full of very helpful and experienced photographers. When i finally get a camera you'll be seeing a lot of newbie questions from me as i have NO clue about photography. Already i've found this forum helpful though.

Speaking of newbie questions, i have one right now! :mrgreen:
I'm sure this gets asked a lot, and i'm not sure that this is the right place on the board to ask it, but i'll give it a shot anyway. I want some camera recommendations. It doesn't have to be anything super professional, just a digital camera with the basics i'll need to get decent shots. If it makes any difference i will not be using it in a studio, but pretty much strictly for landscape/nature photos. Oh and i forgot to mention that money IS an object, so i don't want anything too expensive.

Well thanks very much for any help that comes my way:hail: :D

First of all, a warm welcome to TPF. Secondly, there are many 4 to 5 megapixel digital cameras made by Canon, Nikon, Olympus that would fall in that category. There is no need, just yet, for you to spend the money on a DSLR, although that would be the best way to take the plunge. Learning can be done on one of the 'cheaper' cameras I mentioned above. I'll let someone else here tell you which ones they recommend, I'm pretty much a film guy.

With that in mind, welcome again and enjoy the TPF.

Thanks for the kind welcomes everybody. And thanks for the info Mitica. That narrows it down a lot :thumbup:

Go the aussies :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back