What's new

Gee Mister, I think they killed him!

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2,727
Location
Maine
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So... I ended up getting very bored at work and found this little guy decomposing next to my window. Shot taken with a Canon 50mm 2.5 compact macro. Shot at f/2.5, no cropping was done.

4189932301_ac18daa36e_b.jpg
 
poor guy ....

Shooting a macro at f/2.5 has severely limited DOF and I would suggest stopping down a bit and adding some fill light. Composition, although a bit macabre, is interesting.
 
Yeah, that's one thing I noticed was the minute DoF. I shot it hand held and it was quite difficult to get his entire body in focus. I'll probably step it down to 3.5 or so and see how that works, probably even smaller.
 
I've found that I do most of my insect macros at ~ f/8 - 11
 
Just gave f/8 and f/11 a shot. Posting in a bit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom