Gem House

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
An abandoned house near Arborg, a couple hours north of Winnipeg (Canada). My buddy dubbed it "Gem House" because -- as an abandonment -- it offers all sorts of photo opportunities inside an outside.

p584627009-4.jpg

I like it! Although I do agree with ranmyaku that with the sharpness and detail of everything, the clouds aren't quite 'moving' enough. Also, did you use lightroom? If so you might try brightening the blue of the sky (in the split tone of the grayscale) just a bit to keep the sky from being so muddy. I definitely want to see more photos from this place! Fantastic!

Cool photo. You should try this with a ND filter and long exposure to really get some movement on those clouds.

I used to have a better link to some examples. This is all I could come up with at the moment.

Outstanding Images #7 – Severn Bridge, Wales How I Took It – A Photo Blog
Thanks for the feedback, ranmyaku. I could've used a ND filter to catch some movement on the clouds; however, I would've also ended up with undesired movement on the tall grass in the foreground. In my mind, the grass plays a key role and I needed it sharp and still :)

I like it! Although I do agree with ranmyaku that with the sharpness and detail of everything, the clouds aren't quite 'moving' enough. Also, did you use lightroom? If so you might try brightening the blue of the sky (in the split tone of the grayscale) just a bit to keep the sky from being so muddy. I definitely want to see more photos from this place! Fantastic!
Thanks, Stillwater. I use Photoshop Elements 5 and the NIK Software suite. I know what you mean about the sky being muddy, and I'll keep it mind in case I decide to re-process this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back