Georgia- Marietta area.

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well considering packing up shop and moving to Marietta Georgia. My wife and I both have family back there. Anyone local or familiar with the area as far as housing, security, etc? Words of wisdom accepted!

I lived there for about 2 years Woodstock little north of Marietta is nice and at the time was up and coming. Most if not all of Marietta is a great area to live. Little Five Points is a great spot for street photography I sometimes think back to when I lived there and kick my self for not having this hobby :) Canton is a good area as well the golden rule is live north west of Atlanta is you can. If you want to live in town the only two areas I would suggest are little five points if you like a lively N.hood and don't mind rockish youth. the other would be Piedmont great n.hood can be a bit pricey great park as well piedmont park. Hope this helps keep in mind I have not had my boots on the ground there in just over 3 years.

Well considering packing up shop and moving to Marietta Georgia. My wife and I both have family back there. Anyone local or familiar with the area as far as housing, security, etc? Words of wisdom accepted!
I don't live there but I have some friends who do. It is my understanding (which means very little) that they recently had a horrendous recession which truly makes it a buyers-market for homes. One of the people I know said that his son bought a very nice home there are few years ago and it lost 1/3 of it's value last year. True or not I don't know, but it was told to me as truth.

awesome, we have a home to sell here, a HS student starting his last year so we're talking about Summer 2013 to have everything in place for the move. Originally an East Coast boy, I'm looking forward to it!

Isn't that the Augusta/Fort Gordon area? We lived there for a time. A LOT of the rental complexes have 6 month leases which will get you there with relatively cheap rent while you look and find THE house.
I loved it there. Except the smell from the paper factory on down the road a spell. It would roll in and it's not pleasant. Oh, and Pollen season was a trip! Had a silver car. Came out one morning and it was electric, neon green.

We both have family to stay with until we find our new home....note to self, stay upwind of paper mill. ;)

There is no upwind. It's quite a way outside the city. I want to say as much as 100miles? It's not a constant, but when the wind is coming from the west it's... funky.

Isn't that the Augusta/Fort Gordon area? We lived there for a time. A LOT of the rental complexes have 6 month leases which will get you there with relatively cheap rent while you look and find THE house.
I loved it there. Except the smell from the paper factory on down the road a spell. It would roll in and it's not pleasant. Oh, and Pollen season was a trip! Had a silver car. Came out one morning and it was electric, neon green.

Oh, man, the POLLEN in Atlanta is UNbelievable! If you like the color yellow, you will *love* the Atlanta area in the spring! :lol:
I lived on the OTHER side of I-285 from Marietta, in a little town called Avondale Estates, for about 12 years, all through high school and until I got married. LOVED Avondale, LOVE the Stone Mountain area.

I moved back to my hometown in East TN in 1984, and my parents moved up here in '94--I've only been to the Atlanta area a couple of times since then (not counting driving through on the way to visit a brother in South Georgia), so I have no specific advice for you--I'm sure it's all changed drastically from what I remember.
My only advice is: YES! Get yourself to the South as quickly as possible! :D

I lived there for about 2 years Woodstock little north of Marietta is nice and at the time was up and coming. Most if not all of Marietta is a great area to live. .

Woodstock--played many a soccer tournament in Woodstock, back in the day. I bet it looks NOTHING like the rural area it was when I was there!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back