German grand prix 2011

vk1115

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at Nurburgring a couple of weeks ago for the German grand prix. This was my first attempt at sports photography and I hope I did a decent job. Please C&C. I am unable to upload the pics on TPF so here is the link to my flickr photostream. Thanks

German grand prix 2011 - a set on Flickr

I'm an ex-formula car racer (FF 1600, FF 2000, Formula Atlantic, Formula Mazda) and still occassionally sprint race shifter and single gear karts.

I took a quick look. Good panning, good composition, insufficient lens reach. Crop them to increase subject scale.

I noticed some slight vignetting on img_2834. I like the image very much though!

I wish we had a track like that here!

What did you use for gear?

They are currently building a new American, F1 track outside Austin, Texas. The track is slated to host an F1 race next year.

The F1 cars used to race at Indianapolis. In the past they have raced in Long Beach, phoenix, Las Vegas (in a hotel parking lot :thumbdown:), and long ago at Watkins Glen in New York.

Cool pics, but like was said, not enough reach. If you can do it, get yourself a longer lens. In the mean time, you may be able to crop into the shots a bit to at least make the cars appear larger in frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back