"Get your camera and get outside!"

SpikeyJohnson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was hanging out downstairs on my computer tonight relaxing from a long week of work (I worked extra hours this week because we have a Holiday here in Utah (July 24th for Pioneer day) and I also wanted Friday off). I was reading a few articles and listening to some music when my friend gave me a call. I expected it to be a call about getting a few photos done of his new apartment for insurance purposes. So I answered the phone and he instantly tells me "Get your camera and get outside!". I talked to him briefly for 15 seconds then ended the call. I was going to finish my article but then the gravity of what he said hit me. He must have meant something great was out there.

So, I booked it upstairs to my room and grabbed my camera and tripod and then ran out the door. I instantly saw what he was talking about. The sun was behind some clouds and smoke (there is a fire going on somewhere). It was bright red. I jumped in my car to try to get a better shot. Sadly I missed the red sun but I was able to find a photo that I liked just as much. I drove into town looking for a clear shot and found this sheep field. I jumped out fast and set up as fast as possible to get a few shots (323 to be exact :p). I wasn't disapointed at all with the results.

I have a bunch more editing to do and I want to create a few blended photos of the sunset but will have to do it tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Here is a teaser of the sunset we had here today.

"Get Outside" Sunset by spikeyj37, on Flickr

Hope you all have a good evening and tomorrow or this weekend you can "Get your camera and get outside!".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back