Get your ducks in a row - CC please

hocusFocus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture I took last weekend at a local park. I think its kind of OK but not sure what would have made this a good shot. Sugestions and CC please. Thank you.

3214973122_ec0a539707.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ducks, but the photo doesn't do much for me. Harsh sunlight, and probably hard to get a more interesting composition. Not sure what else you could have done *shurgs*

The ducks are dead center of the page. To me it isn't very interesting. The water is kind of cool in the way it makes my eyes go all crazy though. If I were choosing photos to work with this one wouldn't be on my list. It looks like a snapshot of some ducks. Where are the ducks going? Is there anything cool in the background or where they are going?

This is a picture I took last weekend at a local park. I think its kind of OK.
It's a nice snap shot of some ducks in the water.
but not sure what would have made this a good shot.
A good understanding of composition will help you go from this kind of snap shot to something that is much more interesting and pleasing to look at.
Sugestions and CC please.
How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

Learn Photo Composition

Digital Photography Composition Tips

Understanding The Essence Of Light In Photography

Digital Photography Tutorials

I might have got down really low so you're almost level with the ducks. Then you get a bit of water, a background and some sky. That's a starting point, then you can see if there's anything interesting that the ducks are swimming towards.

Just some thoughts but I'm only a noob :)

Thanks guys, all very helpful suggestions. Shall keep them in mind

Look into circular polarizers. They're a must have for outdoor shots, particularly with water.

Most reactions

Back