Sbuxo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Getting locations for shoots

Okay, so I have a major project going on right now, mainly for my advanced photo class but also for my personal portfolio. It's going to be mostly conceptual and about Teenagers/Young adults and their behaviors, insecurities, 'adventures', and such. I have so many ideas but the problem is where can I shoot them? I'll be using models off of MM. :blushing:

1. Where are locations you guys shoot when planning shots involving bathtubs/showers, restrooms, indoor scenarios?

*Someone mentioned borrowing bed & breakfast rooms...or my university. I might try this.

2. Would it be "frowned upon" to use a public restroom when it is empty? I need the outside of the restroom as well: where the sign is seen.

This isn't going to be a full-fledged professional shoot, because I'm far from that but I do have strong vision. There will not be any strobes or anything like that. I might use my flash if I need to. What are your suggestions?

Don't understand what I'm getting at?
Photographers and series I got inspired from:
-Larry Clark: "Teenage Lust" there will definitely be daring themes in my project but not over the top with heroin and sex sex sex. ;P
-Joseph Szabo: "Almost Grown", "Teenage" & "Jones Beach"
-Nan Goldin: "The Ballad"

Last edited:
"their behaviors, insecurities, 'adventures', and such" tells me you want the most plain Jane uncluttered unrecognizable settings possible. You are trying to present emotions and don't want settings distracting from that. Set up a huge tarp of no attractiveness with a few couches, pillows on the floor to roll around in, puzzles on a small table to solve (actually get frustrated with) etc. then let the behaviors shine through. If you go to naturally occurring settings search out the less attention getting ones.

Does your "advanced photo class" cover the legal issues of location shooting?

@sobolik: actually that's not really the main thing in the situation. They can also be environmental portraits at the same time. Photographers I was inspired by include: Larry Clark, Joseph Szabo, Nan Goldin, but mine are going to be more 'modern' I suppose. Even though I am steady to believe that I was born into the wrong era. Haha. :p

@KmH: they don't have to, of course I would ask permission before doing any private location shooting. Maybe I should cover the difference of a helpful suggestion and a snark. :thumbup:

2. Would it be "frowned upon" to use a public restroom when it is empty? I need the outside of the restroom as well: where the sign is seen.

:lol:

I don't know why this makes me giggle, but it does :lol:

Ummm... the way I would handle that? Just do it.

When someone walks in, just stop... give your model a break, chat by the sink until the person leaves and then resume again. I guarantee you're going to get a lot of looks and/or questions, but you just tell them what you're doing. A model shoot. And they'll either give you the stink eye or they'll say "oh neat!" and then leave.

Worse comes to worst... someone will ask you to leave and you have to find another bathroom. :lmao:

Because naughty activities will be done inside and outside of that bathroom. :sexywink::lmao:
Not really, but prudes might think so. I want to dudes to makeout in the entrance of the bathroom by the sign or perhaps inside. I also want a shot of the stall where only the feet are seen, more than one person in there. :p

My deadline for the second installment of shots is Oct. 11th.

Because naughty activities will be done inside and outside of that bathroom. :sexywink::lmao:
Not really, but prudes might think so. I want two dudes to makeout in the entrance of the bathroom by the sign or perhaps inside. I also want a shot of the stall where only the feet are seen, more than one person in there. :p

My deadline for the second installment of shots is Oct. 11th.

Are you still in college? Do it in one of the public restrooms at school in a dorm building, or the student center later at night when there's less traffic... college students will be a lot less prudish. And you're definitely not going to get hit with a public indecency charge by public security... they'll just kick you out and send you back to your dorm. :lol:
Yea someone had told me about that, and actually, there's hardly public security and I'll definitely have to do it during the day when there's sufficient light. This is going to be film sooo..:confused:
But there's also another dilemma, another bathroom shot is required and it's basically a bunch of people in a bathtub being crazy :sexywink:...I need a fxcking bathtub or jacuzzi idc...is asking local condos to use their empty rooms as a shooting locations? What if I act like I'm a potential customer and I want to see their rooms and such.:lmao: :er: I'll do anything at this point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back