BmDubb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
Just wondering where you guys go to get your pictures developed? There are no camera, or printing shops around here. Just the average Walmart, Walgreens and other choice pharmacies with PhotoLabs.

Will pictures printed from Walmart or Walgreens be as good of quality if you went to an actual printing company and got them printed?

Will pictures printed from Walmart or Walgreens be as good of quality if you went to an actual printing company and got them printed?
Probably not.

You can sometimes get lucky, and get decent results from Wal-mart etc. Costco actually seems to be pretty good in most places and it's dirt cheap.
But a pro photo lab makes it a priority to give consistent high quality prints...and if you are providing prints for clients or even just trying to get better yourself, having a consistent lab is pretty important.

I just used MPIX.com and was very happy with the qualityof the prints. They were fast and very affordable too.
I thought WHCC was trade only, but someone on here told me that may not be true, so you could try them a well

Your location says you are from Ohio which means you might have a cord camera around. DO NOT use them for developing or prints. They do not change their chemicals. your film comes back dirty. And I know a lot of people who's negatives have been lost. They are not a good photography store I suggest avoiding them at all costs.

you said develop so I assume you mean film with prints. But if you mean digital their printing is on par with walmart and drug stores.

Lately I have been printing pictures through costco and I haven't been disappointed yet. They are really cheap and the quality seems to be pretty good. The next place I'm gonna try is MPIX I heard there picture quality is great.

Didn't catch the "Developed" part at first, but... if you mean prints from digital, I can't say enough about Bay Photo.. Used them for a long time, and have NEVER had anything close to an 'issue' .. They're fast, and the prints are very consistant.. I'm going to order some of their "Metal Prints" this weekend .. You can google them, or .. bayphoto.com..

BTW, I ordered a 16x20 on gatorboard, and the packing that thing came in was amazing ...! - 2 custom made boxes with padding, tape, etc .. along with a tag of the name of the guy who packed the picture ! - :thumbup:

r

Most reactions

Back