Getting shots onto your computer, printing, etc..

kk03fttw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
please, tell me all i need to know about all of this. [35mm]

so i take my shots. what do i do so that i can get them onto my computer before printing them? please tell me all that i need to know im very new to photography and looking to get betteer at it.

thanks in advance 8)

i still don't understand though. so i would get the negatives developed, no prints, and a cd?

That's right. To get the image from film to a digital file. It has to be scanned. You can buy a scanner and do it yourself. Flatbed scanners are inexpensive and can scan film (with an adapter) or scan the prints. The better option is to get a dedicated film scanner. This will give you a digital file on par with a good digital camera or better.

There are other scanners but lets not talk about that right now. Very expensive.

You could have your film scanned for you. Most photo labs are digital now...it's very easy for them to put your photos onto a CD. You don't even have to get prints made. Just ask for develop only with a CD.

kk03fttw said:
i still don't understand though. so i would get the negatives developed, no prints, and a cd?

Yes :)

kk03fttw said:
please, tell me all i need to know about all of this.
A list of about 15 books should start you off in a right direction.

Depending on your requirements and level of professionalism you need, you can manage from 10 bucks to a few grand.

What are your goals and minimum requirements? What's you budget?

well i'm new and looking to get good quality photos. i've been scanning prints lately and noticed they dont come out how i like it and they arent as managageable. i saw someone talking about scanning the negatives. can you give me some more details on what i would need for that?

Great thread...I've been wondering about the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions as to which brand/models are best. I have been looking at a EPSON 1260 COLOR USB PHOTO SCANNER...good, bad, ugly?

kk03fttw said:
well i'm new and looking to get good quality photos. i've been scanning prints lately and noticed they dont come out how i like it and they arent as managageable. i saw someone talking about scanning the negatives. can you give me some more details on what i would need for that?

Try a little Photoshop on the scanned prints, it can work wonders.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back