Getting some studio time this weekend!

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A buddy and I are getting some studio time and training from a local photographer we both have been following for sometime. He expressed interest in training some other photographers and we jumped on the opportunity. Really looking forward to getting to use the studio equipment and see his workflow. We will have use of the studio with his training for 4 hours. Currently seeking a model for some TF work. And another score for the weekend is I picked up a gig for a local news website to shoot a "No pants light rail ride and pub crawl" Should be interesting haha

Nice! Hope you have fun and learn lots! :)

Thanks, I am pretty stoked. This is going to be my second time in a studio, but last time it was a workshop sharing with about 8 other photogs. This time it will be just 3 of us, and hopefully a 4th after I secure a model.

Try for more than one model. TF models are notoriously flaky and you don't want to be out of luck if they are a no-show. Also, 4 hours is a lot of time for a model. With two or three, they can switch up, take breaks etc. Plus, posing & lighting two can be a lot different from one...so there's more to learn.

Try for more than one model. TF models are notoriously flaky and you don't want to be out of luck if they are a no-show. Also, 4 hours is a lot of time for a model. With two or three, they can switch up, take breaks etc. Plus, posing & lighting two can be a lot different from one...so there's more to learn.

Solid advice, thank you. We are only looking to use a model for 2 hours. We will use the other time for theory, getting familiar with equipment and other stuff too.

I have posted on CL and Model Mayhem with no luck yet. Any other ideas on obtaining a model?

Just got home and started ding some editing. We had a really great day!

Let me know what you think

Attachments

• $2013 1 12 Studio Day -523-Edit-1.jpg
    $2013 1 12 Studio Day -523-Edit-1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 118
Another

Attachments

• $2013 1 12 Studio Day -261-1.jpg
    $2013 1 12 Studio Day -261-1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 132
Just got home and started ding some editing. We had a really great day!

Let me know what you think

Not bad! A couple of small nits: I think this would have been much stronger shot in portrait aspect so as not to clip the feathers & top of her head, and I think you backlight was a little too hot some of her hair is blending into the background.

Good conversion, pretty much the same points as above; too-hot backlight and landscape vice portait. I think too a little bit of light on her right eye (reflector from the backlight?) would have helped a lot. A damn sight better than my first go I can tell you!

I agree with tirediron and think you are doing well too. I am not that much further along and started with a mannequin head. It lets you play with lighting without tiring someone out. But then I figured out how to use myself with a radio remote trigger.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I prefer Landscape over Portrait, even for portraits. I did take a lot in both orientations, I just seem to go back to Landscape. In deed there is some hotspots on her right side. In the B&W photo, her right eye was actually darker, I had to use the adjustment brush to lighten it up a bit. I wasn't able to get consistent facial expressions from the model and my personal preference was the smirk/snarl look from her.

Most reactions

Back