Ghost DJ

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Pheanon, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Pheanon

Pheanon TPF Noob!

Depending on what kind of lighting they have maybe ask if you can turn off any of the bright lights during a shot facing the crowds. Some of the photos I took from behind made the dance floor seems much brigther than it was due to the a spinning light that eventually by the time the shutter closed managed to just about cover the entire dance floor in bright light making it appear all lit up. Turning off that one light would have made a huge difference.

Also make sure you have a safe place to keep camera equipment and tripod. Because my friends were running the show I kept my gear in the concession tucked away and yet still someone managed to spill coke and splatter a bit onto my camera. At first I thought it was all cleaned off no problem and kept shooting without problems the rest of the night ( there wasn't much just a few drops ) but the next day when I went to turn my camera on the power button was sticky....grrr

Now I have to find a repair place that won't charge me extravagently.

2. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Thanks for all the tips. I think I will be shooting tommorow night, with any kind of luck. I am not sure about bringing my tripod on the dance floor. Did you? I'm going to borrow a monster lens, just in case the joint is jump'n. Most shots will be with the trusty 35-17. In this location he is close to the balcony railing, so a "front" shot will be from the floor or standing on a speaker. The "behind" shot will be from the balcony toward the dance floor, which will work out well because there is not a lot of people. I will post the pics wednesday morning.

3. Pheanon

Pheanon TPF Noob!

Awesome. yes man tripod is critical. Maybe you could take some shots early before there is too many people there. You will have to have a tripod though. Most people gave me lots of room on the dance floor because they are all about getting photos and video from the party's anyway. It only takes a couple minutes to try some shots and different angles.

Regardless I'd focus on taking photos from the rear. Take your time and be patient.
    Good luck!

4. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Well the gig was shut down, which is about typical for this time of year. We live in a "tourist" town and we are nearing the end of our "off season". Long story short, bars and restaurants have the option to randomly close for weeks at a time. Needless to say DJ King Weep was a little upset. We were assured that they would open on Dec 5. :shock:

5. Pheanon

Pheanon TPF Noob!

interesting well hopefully next time!