Ghost of the Vulture Mine

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went today with the wife on a little trip, loaded the Leica and the Canon RF with some BW and took the digital along for the wife. We went to an abandoned mine (ghost town) by the name of Vulture Mine. We spent a little time speaking with the owner of the place, he even showed us a very old BW photo of the mine's surroundings with two kids in it. One kid was 'normal' in the sense that we could see it, the other was not. The head and body were solid but the feet were disappearing, sort of like see through. Freaky, if you ask me. Then we proceeded to take the tour (self guided) and spent about 4 hours there taking pictures. Here is a dig. camera pic of a white chair:

WhiteChair.jpg

Later we went to the ore crusher, where they crushed the gold ore to be processed. We have been told that it was very active with 'ghosts' and that a man was actually killed there for trying to steal gold. Our dog, who went with us, did not want to enter this building, backing off with its tail between her legs. I went in and took some shots, here and there, using mainly the BW film (to be developed) and sometimes the digital cam. This is a pic that I looked at when we came home and realized there is a face looking through one of the windows. Can you see it?

Ghost.jpg

This really freaked me up!!​

vonnagy said:
miti, i am having trouble seeing any faces...could you point it out? cheers :)

Sure thing. Here it is, this time in BW and with the arrow pointing to it.

GhostBWArrow.jpg

no offense or anything but i just don't buy into any of that stuff, anything can look like a face if you look at it right.

willg133 said:
no offense or anything but i just don't buy into any of that stuff, anything can look like a face if you look at it right.

I must agree...I also found when I was looking for faces I saw quite alot...:( But that dont mean that it isnt some kinda ghost...and I cant find a reason for that reflection :S

willg133 said:

None taken by all means. I am a pretty skeptical guy myself but this one made me a little uneasy. The point is that I would have seen something with the naked eye, a 'face resemblance' or something, but I did not. The camera seems to have seen something different.

Oh, by the way, so I clear any misunderstandings, the picture was captured on a Camedia 4000Z by Olympus and the picture is unaltered, as it came from the Smart Media card. The only thing I did to it was to switch it to BW so I can put a more visible white arrow and text to it (second picture).

Artemis said:
...and I cant find a reason for that reflection :S

I agree, it seems out of place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back