Ghost Town for C &C

sjconner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.conner-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken at Bannack State Park about 45 miles from my house. It was the first Territorial Capital of Montana. The town is really well preserved and you can walk through many of the buildings. I was fiddling around with my camera settings. I used the cloudy setting on my white balance even though it was really bright and no clouds. I think it helped saturate my colors - my pics didn't seem to need as much pp.
Thanks, Susan

The Meade Hotel and the bar/dentist next door

A house set back from the street

The road out of town through the gulch

ry%3D400

I was all excited for a ghost town, and you're green for editing, and i can't sleep. So this is like a cheesy 5 minute edit :p

Being new to this forum have no input on your photos other than I like them, they bring back some good memories for me. I went there as a child over 30 years ago and still remember it well. I recognized the old hotel instantly. Thanks for posting.

very nice set of pics B&W would be great for these but these turned out nice :)

I put the one I edited into black and white before I gave it that old newspaper look (or tried to at least :p) and I didn't like it like I thought I would.. Maybe I just didn't contrast it enough.

***If any confusion has been caused, these photos belong to SJCONNER and I have absolutely nothing to do with them*** -- I don't want people to think I'm trying to steal his work, I just love, love, love old pictures and pictures of old things and wanted my shot at it since his/her photos are okay to edit ;)

Nice shots for a sunny day, but definitely go back when it's cloudy!

I think the fact that the bar and dentist were in the same building indicates how much more advanced civilization was back then.

I'm new at this so I don't have much to add, except that I LOVE the picture of the road out of town. I'm a sucker for history, mountains and such.

Most reactions

Back