ghosty

lorr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
study001.jpg

I like it! - Fading away at a time when pressure seems it highest for some!

it occurred by accident i was really tryin to capture something like this
study003.jpg

but i dont know what happened or how i could recreate a similar image again

Your exposure time was 4 seconds in the first one...try a smaller aperture so it's not so bright ;)

Overexposed, but interesting.

I have an idea of how it could happen if the picture was of you and the settings were just right... snap and then you get up before the shutter closes. That would give all objects EXCEPT you the ghost a longer exposer hence the transparency. Just a guess. Still cool though!

My first thought was a double exposure, but on closer examination you can see on the RH side of the frame where it caught a "ghost" of your face, so I'm going to have to agree with Loki on this one.

Overexposed, as mentioned, but cool shot none the less!

I really like it .... interesting...

it occurred by accident i was really tryin to capture something like this
If you have a multiple exposure feature in your camera, you take two exposures of a scene, both one full stop underexposed. One of the exposures, you add a person or item that you want to look ghostly.

"I have an idea of how it could happen if the picture was of you and the settings were just right... snap and then you get up before the shutter closes. That would give all objects EXCEPT you the ghost a longer exposer hence the transparency. Just a guess. Still cool though!"

yes now that i think of it i did get up rather quickly i didnt have a flash on and it was on timer so i assumed the pic was taken and now that i recall when i picked up the camera it still said processing so that explains that!!!!
thanks for comments..

Here is the exposure info from your first photo...

ISO - 100
Aperture - f/2.8
Shutter Speed - 4 seconds

The 4 second shutter speed meant the shutter was open long enough for you to get up off the bed before it closed. The long exposure captured you sitting then getting up off the bed.

It's similar to light painting at night...you set a long enough exposure to give you time to draw or write with a flashlight in the air. You can see some examples here.

and now that i think even more about it i realise i had it set to a long exposure too cos i thought the light effect was interesting!!!! i really dont know what im doing most of the time i must seem very stupid!!!! i should geta book!

Most reactions

Back