Gia - Just a pretty Girl

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot in my home in 2012 but first edited today. Haven't had much in the way of shoots for a year. With my crazy work schedule it's difficult to find a model ready to jump with only 12 hours notice.

Simple, elegant and undeniably sensual, Gia, a Chinese student now attending UCLA and out of reach.

FRE_9969-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

Nice shot!

I like the lighting and your model is lovely.

I would say the eyes look a little over-processed to me, and I find that strand of hair and the dimple on her arm distracting, but otherwise very nice!

Is your background as-shot, or was that edited? Light is nice and even!

Nice shot!
I would say the eyes look a little over-processed to me, and I find that strand of hair and the dimple on her arm distracting, but otherwise very nice!

She's wearing contacts (obviously) and ya, I tend to do that. Damn, meant to fix that skin blemish! The background is as shot with some smoothing in post, thank you!

Nice shot!

She's wearing contacts (obviously) and ya, I tend to do that. Damn, meant to fix that skin blemish! The background is as shot with some smoothing in post, thank you!

Nice! I'm guessing frequency separation on the BG? I did that for awhile too, until I just started replacing my backgrounds entirely in PS. I started doing that because of the annoying "banding" caused by frequency separation on the BG, like you can see in your image. I'm sure it's definitely better than in-camera, but if you have any interest in BG replacement, I'd be happy to share more!

Nice! I'm guessing frequency separation on the BG? I did that for awhile too, until I just started replacing my backgrounds entirely in PS. I started doing that because of the annoying "banding" caused by frequency separation on the BG, like you can see in your image. I'm sure it's definitely better than in-camera, but if you have any interest in BG replacement, I'd be happy to share more!

Some paint and some Gaussian blurr, banding may be from conversion?

The banding on the leg is not super-noticeable at first. I might clone out the gaffer's tape X by the stool edge. Wow...she is one lovely model!

Like the shot! I always like even soft lighting. Was it shot with one big light source and bounced it from behind her? I think, unless you have a hair stylist collaborating, long hair will give you troubles every time...
IMHO - I'm not sure if I like how you had her right arm across her body like this.. but that was your artistic choice and I am just trying to decide for me if I would like it.

Like the shot! I always like even soft lighting. Was it shot with one big light source and bounced it from behind her? I think, unless you have a hair stylist collaborating, long hair will give you troubles every time...
IMHO - I'm not sure if I like how you had her right arm across her body like this.. but that was your artistic choice and I am just trying to decide for me if I would like it.

Shot in 1012 but if I recall correctly I used one large softbox

Some paint and some Gaussian blurr, banding may be from conversion?

Hmm, perhaps. Can I show you what I would do?

shoot me a message, I can't seem to figure out the new messaging system here

Hmm, I wonder if the banding is due to the fact that this was shot in jpg for some inknown or not remembered reason. Probably an oversight on my part back then.

I'm not really a fan of the left side of her face being chopped of by the lighting, including part of her eye. She's got a round face, and the shadow of her hair makes her face look unbalanced.

But who am I to complain? I don't do portraiture any more.

The banding on the left side of the background is more-noticeable when seen on Flickr at large size...here, reduced, it's not so bad. Looks like it could be smudged a bit or have some focus softening or smoothing appied to it, and the banding would mostly disappear. It was surprising to me to view the large size on Flickr, and to see just how much MORE detail is visible there than there is here at this current display size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back