Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mango

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wewt for first gallery post? heh
Taken at the Huntington. She stopped momentarily and I was just lucky to get my camera up and snap this shot. She was posing for her mom and it was over in seconds. I think I had the better angle though :D
This was the first day I took photography seriously. I wish I had known to set the EV down a bit.

P1000552-2.jpg

There is some overexposure issues you have. I crudely cloned her right shoulder and tried to touch up her nose. I'm not good with skin, so somebody else can help there. I also tried to pop the colors a bit since the Japanese Maple is such a beautiful tree. Also a slight crop to bring her in just a tad.

P1000552-2.jpg

Better or just different?

FYI: When you post a photo, make the long edge 800 pixels. Easier to view whole image.

I hate going over old photos. I just look back at some and think "What was I doing, this is blown, the horizon isn't straight etc etc."

yeah I am not often happy when looking over old photos either...

I'm working on painting in her sweater and nose as well. I really like what you've done with the leaf color.
I know it's blown. That's why I said in first post that I wish I had known about exposure value.
But I think this is a picture worth working/keeping. Between the Long Beach Aquarium, and The Huntington I took about seven hundred and maybe ten came out pleasing to me.
FYI, you need two days at least, at The Huntington if anyone decides to travel to it.

She looks like a red fairy.

I think the photo would be better with a slight haze effect.

Maybe like a blur screen blended. (slight while keeping the overall sharpness)

This is an unsalvageable shot. It's totally blown out and poorly composed.

wewt for first gallery post? heh

This was the first day I took photography seriously. I wish I had known to set the EV down a bit.

Live and learn right? It's cool to have documentation of such a special day for you though. :D

i like the first one better.

[EDITED] Content removed due to overly-sensitive member not being able to take much less than what he normally dishes out - Owl

I actually thought the composition was good. What's wrong with it?

She's looking away from the camera. The arm, back, and chest (if any) all flow together, giving the appearance of either a very fat arm or very large and saggy boobs. I don't feel that she's obscured by the tree in any constructive way. In fact, it looks like she's wearing a big, weird hat made out of japanese maple leaves.

Swing and a miss! You I mean Alpha, not the photo. The only time you're not abrasive is when you're asking for something lol...
I can tell you are steamed for me not arguing with you in the other thread. That's pretty satisfying to me.

I like it. I know it's blown in some spots. I think the composition is perfect. I think I can fix the blowout but I didn't think it ruined the picture. And I'm gonna guess the majority of people agree. See I understand it's not gonna win the Nobel or any other prize, but to me it's a great shot.

I just discovered the forums " ignore member" feature and put it to good use after a series of nasty emails.

God, I love technology. :)

Now, back to this pretty girl in the tree thing....

Swing and a miss! You I mean Alpha, not the photo. The only time you're not abrasive is when you're asking for something lol...
I can tell you are steamed for me not arguing with you in the other thread. That's pretty satisfying to me.

I like it. I know it's blown in some spots. I think the composition is perfect. I think I can fix the blowout but I didn't think it ruined the picture. And I'm gonna guess the majority of people agree. See I understand it's not gonna win the Nobel or any other prize, but to me it's a great shot.

I think the sooner you realize and accept that Alpha and his photography > everyone, you and him will get along a lot better. :)

:hail:

(sarcasm for those not in the know)

How is that abrasive? You asked what I felt was wrong with the photo and I told you. No insults, no cracks. I didn't call you a bad photographer. I never said you needed to be a prize winning one. And I certainly never said that you weren't allowed to like the photo simply because I don't.

I am not the overly sensitive one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back