Girl with Cooties

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
d8147-2.jpg

Am I missing something? It doesn't really seem like anything.

Just having some fun.

I thought that might be the case but I was not sure.

Well, I'm pretty old, and when I was in school we had girls with cooties.

I never really understood what in the hell a cootie was anyhow, and most of those young women were pretty nice anyhow. They certainly didn't look any different than the girls known to be without cooties. I thought I'd post my rendition of a girl with cooties, if, you could actually tell she in fact, had cooties.

My grand daughter was nice enough to pose for me in this shot. She's normally pretty, intelligent, and as far as I can tell, cootie free. She also has a sense of humor and imagination, which I believe is why she (as well as her sisters and cousin) does what I ask in order to do the strange things I enjoy doing.

My oldest grand daughter;
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/126495-girl-wearing-hat.html

My grandson ...
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/dark-side-gallery/126427-unloved.html

This is of the same grand daughter in this thread...
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/dark-side-gallery/126483-voice.html

Here's one of some kid at a parade- not related, but one of my favs...
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/dark-side-gallery/126180-forever.html

:)

Am I missing something? It doesn't really seem like anything.

Your comment doesn't really seem to say anything either- You have a point?

Oh the innocence of youth! When you say that someone has Cooties it would be best to know what you are talking about. A cootie is a small insect parasite found on sheep. Shepherds get them and the cause a terrible itch. They are a form of lice like crabs or bedbugs. not pleasant.
Another term often used Is SUCKS, as in mean people suck. Do people not realize that this is a homophobic derogatory term referring to the sex acts of gay people? Although I am not gay, I find it very offensive.
Think about what you are saying before you say it.
JMHO
Judge Sharpe

To me this looks like an aimless series of Photoshop adjustments and filters.
Just my opinion though, looks like some people enjoy it.

Do people not realize that this is a homophobic derogatory term referring to the sex acts of gay people?
Careful now...

Ha i find this very creepy. This is bringing back my fear of cooties

When I was a kid, I must admit, at least from what I can remember, that I thought cooties were something as the Judge so eloquently describes, somethng real and physically threatening. Studying these 'victims' however, I couldn't really understand it. The closest I got was the television show (Twilight Zone?) where the earwig bore it's way through a guy's brain. He lived only to find out the little beast laid eggs. None of these kids seemed to be writhing and screaming like this guy did, so I got to know a few of them. Aside from maybe a bit of audacious behavior, they became interesting friends.

Oh... they're still there. They just call it something else these days. I never got over this cruelty. And I never understood the pleasure taken from the meanness.

I knew what you meant. The title got me to look.

Good goin'!

-Pete

Thanks Pete.

Oh the innocence of youth! When you say that someone has Cooties it would be best to know what you are talking about. A cootie is a small insect parasite found on sheep. Shepherds get them and the cause a terrible itch. They are a form of lice like crabs or bedbugs. not pleasant.
Another term often used Is SUCKS, as in mean people suck. Do people not realize that this is a homophobic derogatory term referring to the sex acts of gay people? Although I am not gay, I find it very offensive.
Think about what you are saying before you say it.
JMHO
Judge Sharpe

This is by far the most interesting comment so far. I like posting these images to provoke discussion and to study the psychology behind those responses.

Words are powerful and should be considered carefully before use.

To me this looks like an aimless series of Photoshop adjustments and filters.
Just my opinion though, looks like some people enjoy it.

Another dead-inside comment.

Most reactions

Back