What's new

Girlie Stuff

Ysarex92 86

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I went for a Sunday drive yesterday and wound up in one of the local tourist trap towns where we stopped to walk through an antique shop. The shop had an upstairs section and as I was headed up the stairs a middle-aged woman was on her way down. I smiled at her and she tilted her head back up the stairs and said, "girlie stuff." So I was warned. Now I think I need one of those male enhancement supplements.

Joe


girlie_stuff_zpscfd147d8.jpg
 
This is just my honest opinion and process of thinking.

I was intrigued and challenged with the photo. It is not that interesting at first sight, too much pink for me :) but then I decided to actually see what I may found in there

First I wanted to say that I would have shot this from a slightly different angle, just a tad lower and straighter.
Then I realized "my" angle wouldn't produce that much dimension of the girly stuff. I would lose light, or better said, direction of the light from the reflection.
I've spent quite amount of time with this photo and I like it. It's an useful example of using the light...

And we should tell the lady to do some walls painting :)
 
I'm glad you like it -- it's too pink for me too -- but that was part of the interest for me.

I raised the camera until I was no longer directly catching the very bright inside of the lampshade. I did still record the reflection of the inside of the shade in the tilted mirror and had to let that clip but I didn't want such a bright hot spot right in the center of the photo.

Joe
 
Too pink and girlie for me! too much pepto bismol on that wall. LOL I like the photo, I think the perspective gives the feel of it being a little nook and cranny in a crammed little corner of a shop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom