Give it to me straight

It's nice but room for a lot of improvement. The high-key look is nice, but you are lacking in consistency from shot to shot. One item to reference is the sharpness of the eyes and faces is way different from shot to shot. A second would be the framing or cropping of the 3 girls.

A third difference is the lighting. In a collage, you are trying to bring out symmetry, and that is not easy if your style is not the same from picture to picture within the collage itself... becuase of this, small differences tend to stand out a LOT, and I find that more detrimental than positive.

Thank you Jerry for the great c+c. I think I am having a difficult time with this because the lighting was so different from photo to photo. The photo in the middle was taken in sunlight whereas the other two were taken on my screened porch. I guess these may not have been the best shots to try and do a collage on. I tried to get the cropping the same, although I have not yet rotated the right photo. The sharpness is just something I CAN NOT get to match, not sure why I am having such a problem with it. It was a little soft to begin with so I did some sharpening to it. Another thing that has really been difficult is to get their skin tones to somewhat match. One is really tan, one is super pale, and one is medium complexion. I just can't seem to get it right....
If anyone wants to give it a go on the editing.....feel free :)
Thanks again, Amanda

Most reactions

Back