What's new

Give up 2 crop bodies for 1 full frame?

Hace you noticed you haven't been using the d300 at all? If you have only been using one you could save for another year and buy any FF camera you want! D4s perhaps?
 
Yeah, pretty much... I did use it the other night for a shoot, but that was more for convenience. One body with the 18-50 and the other with the 70-200, plus having the security blanket of a backup body was nice.
 
security blankets are nice! If your making money doing this, I'm not sure what I would do then. You don't want to be up ****s creek if someting fails.
 
Well, I don't usually... but I'm getting more and more people asking me to (those that have seen my work). This will more than likely become a repeat customer, with some other business to come out of it as well.

I have a full time job, a wife and 3 kids - and as much as I'd love to do this full or even part time it's just not in the cards. I'll do the occasional business party or family portrait session but that's all I'm really interested in at this time.
 
Hmmm, then an upgrade to FF may help you bring in a bit more cash when you do have paid jobs in the future.
 
If it were me I would rock a 35mm, crop and a full, my dream setup is an Elan 7Ne, 1ds Mark IV and a 60D. I'm 1 for 3, only two left to go :mrgreen:
 
I would sell the d300s since they still worth a considerable amount of money. and would keep the d7000. keep the money and buy the d700 replacement.

d7000 would be a really nice backup body.

this is what i plan on doing. I just sold my d90 for a d7000. and ill buy the d700 or its replacement next summer (depending when they are coming out)
 
Light artisan, just noticed your from minnesota. Where abouts? Maybe this summer we can both throw down on renting one for a day and hit up the minnesota zoo.
 
I'd be up for that... I grew up in Hastings but live down by Rochester now, you?
 
I'm in brooklyn park.
 
Over a year ago I bought a refurb d700 for $2200. The price is ripe for a huge drop.

I'd wait.
 
Over a year ago I bought a refurb d700 for $2200. The price is ripe for a huge drop.

I'd wait.

Price isn't the only benifet of waiting but the quantity of used to choose from. He will have a broader choice if he waits.

Like searching for used cars. He may find a much lower mile(shutter count) example for the same price.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom