Giving this a shot

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have read that to see improvement you need to pick one genre of photography and focus your efforts on that one thing. I just don't see it.. I'm sure that learning to shoot and edit ANYTHING could lead to results, right?
_MG_2160-web1511x2048U100.jpg

Looks like a nice place for a colonoscopy or something of that nature.

Good edit with the mixed light sources and the fairly extreme brightness range.

I have read that to see improvement you need to pick one genre of photography and focus your efforts on that one thing. I just don't see it.. I'm sure that learning to shoot and edit ANYTHING could lead to results, right?View attachment 193138

I bounce around from landscape to macro to astro to flowers to sports - even the occasional portrait...I feel like I’m improving with each experience and don’t need to limit myself. But I guess if your goal is to master a specific genre then focusing solely on that would speed things up.

Focusing on a primary form of photography doesn't mean only doing that.

I shoot almost anything. I focus on wildlife because it's what I like to do most.
Shooting different forms of photography I think is alsmost mandatory to become a good photographer. There are things I learned doing astro, studio, landscape etc that I would never have learned doing wildlife.

Nice shot esp with the mixed lighting
Taking part in the weekly challenge here will help develop your skills
If you ask others will c&c your images and there is such a range of skills and topics covered by peeps here
Something that a club can not give,
Use the camera have fun as I have said before using digital you don’t have to keep paying for film and processing you can try an idea/method and not spend a huge amount of cash

Nice pic! Lately, I've been increasing the brightness of certain colors in certain pics if the pic calls for it. I often zoom in 200% for a closer look to make sure the boost is subtle.

Most reactions

Back