Glamour Photographers! Great Opportunity!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by socaltaras, May 19, 2004.

1. DanielK

DanielK TPF Noob!

I can see where you are coming from. I've never paid for a model (Besides TFP) and don't ever plan to. I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape if someone does ask for recompense. Simply decline the offer and leave it at that. No need to shove the offer up their butt.

Daniel

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Having now worked with an experienced model, I can say that this group is providing a service that I think some people would find useful. I've had great fun and learned a lot from photographing friends, but this was a new experience for me. It was still TFP, so I didn't have to pay her, but I was lucky that she enjoyed my work enough that she felt it was worth taking the time to work with me. Unless you have a style that a model likes and wants to have in their portfolio, it's unlikely that a beginner will be able to work with someone experienced, and that's a great way to learn.

I'm not so hot on it being a group of photographers, but $60 is actually cheap for several hours of a model's time. Time is money, and if they model for you for free when it's how they make their living, how do they pay for rent, food, etc.?

If you don't like the idea, don't go; if you can get models without paying them, that's great; but I agree that it's unfair to knock someone for going to one of these.