What's new

Glass bells-critiques greatly appreciated

Talonted90

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Location
Owings Mills, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A while ago my mom hung up one of the Christmas ornaments that fell victim to our cats. I fooled around with my new lens for a little while and this was the result. Sorry about the noise, I didn't realize that when you set the maximum ISO to a certain level that it takes all of the pictures at that. I had manually set it down to 200 but when I look at the EXIF data it says that it was 800. Other than the noise critiques are appreciated.
3202897888_0196b72dfe.jpg
 
It's cropped a bit tightly at the bottom, can you add another centimetre or so down the bottom?
 
I know I hate that about it. Unfortunately the area that I cropped out as completely black and really distracting. It came up to the exact spot that I cropped it to.
 
All in all, the play with shallow DOF, blurred background, and focus is nice. I have felt like taking such photos of my own ornaments, too, before, more so when they are specially lit by the sun or so...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom