Glasses / any C&C welcome

Kyuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please tell me what you guys think.

2299630496_d757ff1313_o.jpg

The color and temp of this picture looks great. It looks like one of those random pictures in a restaurant menu ;)

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D80
Image Date: 2008:02:27 08:47:53
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm)
Exposure Time: 0.040 s (1/25)
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO equiv: 640
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Not sharp and DOF too shallow.

ok, good to know. Thanks for the comments.

What are you supposed to do when the light is very limited and you are forced to a wide open aperture and a high ISO then? I guess maybe next time I'll set up shop at my friends house with the tripod!

use a flash, but bounce it off the wall.

ok, good to know. Thanks for the comments.

What are you supposed to do when the light is very limited and you are forced to a wide open aperture and a high ISO then? I guess maybe next time I'll set up shop at my friends house with the tripod!

There are just some situations where one can't get the picture one wants with the conditions and the equipment available.

The impact of this type of picture depends to some degree on getting something in absolute sharp focus; something so that the OOF of the rest is a counterpoint. Thus the light must be defined enough to give good color contrasts. The camera must be steady enough to allow a F stop where the lens gives good images and sufficient DOF. Thus you are talking about stopping down some to get to the lens sweet spot AND increasing DOF thus slowing the shutter speed. TRIPOD

So, F5.6, shutter speed to taste (lower ISO - why not?) and everything on a tripod with the time delay set (so you won't jar the camera) - and look for a better result.
:lol::lol:

BTW, look at the composition. There's too much space at the top. Crop tighter to 4x5 with a better exposure and you will be golden.

Lew

Most reactions

Back