GMC HDR

ok here is the original image, the post photomatix and the post photoshop.
The main reason I decided to try and Photomatix it was that it was poorly exposed. then I had to photoshop it to get a sky as the original was washed out

GMC_Prolcess_by_Grunge_Legend.jpg

wow that is really awesome, thanks for posting original to see how you went about it really nice job :D

My biggest problem when people use HDR in this format is that they almost always destroy pixels leaving harsh gradients that look obviously manipulated.

Yours doesn't have this at all, probably one of the first of this style I've liked at all. Cleanly pulled off, though I do have to say I'm not a fan of the sky or contrast issues. I feel that when you do something like this you really need to own everything from color to composition. It really looks like after you did this processing you did no further work besides drop in a sky :|

With all that said it is a nice shot that for the style is done well. I'd love to see you learn how to own this a bit more by using selective coloring and really tweaking individual colors.

Excellent start!

I really like this. :thumbup:

This picture inspired me to go and shot my first HDR of a field behind my house. It's not that interesting but its my first one. it was just a really bad picture to start with tho

2lsv4i.jpg

Last edited:
wow thanks for all the feedback guys. I think i'm going to try some of the suggestions. Shmne , yeah i'm not the best at working with the levels etc yet but thanks for the comments.
rwarren92, yeah its not an interesting photo but the hdr at least was was donw nicely and brought out some nice colors!

I like that truck q.c. A lot of the time I dont like those extreme HDRs but yours is tastefully done IMO.

rwarren92, I also like yours. Thats the sort that I usually like more, where its not immediately apparent that its HDR. :) I forget who did it, but someone here did one of some new zealand mountains a few weeks ago that was beautiful!

rwarren92, yeah its not an interesting photo but the hdr at least was was donw nicely and brought out some nice colors!
Thanks

maybe its just my tired eyes but I dont see an HDR in the shot posted above..
It is

rwarren92, I also like yours. Thats the sort that I usually like more, where its not immediately apparent that its HDR. :) I forget who did it, but someone here did one of some new zealand mountains a few weeks ago that was beautiful!
Thanks, i'll be on the look out for them I bet they're awesome.

Most reactions

Back