Took the Camera Out to the Park today.

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was too beautiful to not be outside today. The wife, dog, and I went out for a stroll in the park, so I decided to bring the camera out also. Any CC is welcome, but I also wanted to share them with yall. I actually liked the way my shots came out today. The sun and shadows were pretty brutal today, but I'm not going to complain about the sun after the weather we've had the past few days lol.

1:
4552810919_e9f55a1ba9_o.jpg

2: I really wish I would have noticed the piping before I took the shot. I liked the angle, but I think I could have slid a bit more to the left to conceal the plumbing.
4553451080_5913e5dcdc_o.jpg

3: Random Texture shot:
4552810499_fe58457d82_o.jpg

4: Shadow Family Portrait :) Your responses will probably be: "Typical Myspace/FB shot, nothing spectacular" (I knew this, but I still liked the idea lol)
4553451412_406bae8dd0_o.jpg

5: My Model for the day was the puppy. We found a perfect little bridge to compose some shots off of.
4553452438_60ae2f60d0_o.jpg

6:
4552813463_beb444c75c_o.jpg

And since I've already posted 6 images in this post, I'll leave this one in url form b/c I'm not sure how I feel about it. So you can click if you want to comment on how I can take the shot better next time. I couldn't get the Swan white enough without blowing out other parts of the image. Is there anything I can do during PP to bring out the whites of him/her?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4552810215_a5c7ea439c_o.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you liked them as much as I did. I wish I could post more of the puppy bridge shots, but I don't want to overload the post :)

Nicely done. I like the colors in all of them; #5 is my favorite. Great pose & crisp exposure.

It seems like #5 is a fav of others as well. It's the only one that's been getting favorited and receiving comments on my Flickr haha.

Thanks for the comment :)

It seems like #5 is a fav of others as well. It's the only one that's been getting favorited and receiving comments on my Flickr haha.
I'll go against the grain and say I like #6 better! LOL! There's something about the way the colors pop and the lighting that appeals to me. Ah - art!

Also like #1, but then I like to take photos of geese, ducks and swans for some odd reason. It's tough to get the lighting right on the white feathers because they reflect any direct light harshly.

I like 5 as it is funny, it is very well lit, the shallow DOF is appealing (yes, I like how the bridge becomes blurry again towards the right), I really like the straight (almost) lines of the trees in the background as opposed to that different tree (sort of feathered) on the right, AND your dog is smiling for the camera, as it were. No tree is interfering with him posing, no tree seems to grow out of his head. All very good elements!

And although the "portrait of my shadow" has been done by everyone before, I still like it, as I know how tempted you feel to take this whenever the shadows look this clear, and what I like about it is the very clear outline of your dog in this one! Just a pity you left so much head room and cropped off so much of your dog.

No doubt # 5 is excellent work,colors are really brigth and creats plasant effect, keep it up at share more good work with us

I like 5 as it is funny, it is very well lit, the shallow DOF is appealing (yes, I like how the bridge becomes blurry again towards the right), I really like the straight (almost) lines of the trees in the background as opposed to that different tree (sort of feathered) on the right, AND your dog is smiling for the camera, as it were. No tree is interfering with him posing, no tree seems to grow out of his head. All very good elements!

And although the "portrait of my shadow" has been done by everyone before, I still like it, as I know how tempted you feel to take this whenever the shadows look this clear, and what I like about it is the very clear outline of your dog in this one! Just a pity you left so much head room and cropped off so much of your dog.

Wow, thanks for such kind words! and to everyone else who's commented.

The only reason I had to cut off the lower portion of the dog was because of his position. Any lower and you would have seen him. We tried and tried to get him to sit further forward so I could have gotten his leg shadows into the shot, but to no luck lol. I figured, if I can't have his legs in it, I might as well try and get a clear side profile of him.

Here are a couple more of the doggie shoot.

7: Doggie and Mom
4553453646_048e71a2d9_o.jpg

8: Same shot as #5, different facial expression
4552812707_6d5c3236cd_o.jpg

9:Tried the Portrait shot instead of Landscape. I like to call this one "Why So Serious?!?" lol
4553452924_75c9f99963_o.jpg

10: Getting directions from Mom for his next pose lol.
4552814661_8fe6fae4f2_o.jpg

Oooo, I like to see how "mom" and doggie smile for the camera as if they competed for who's got the most beaming smile! :D You wife is very pretty and has a happy, open smile! Lovely to see her like this.

And I now think that I even like "same as #5 with different facial expression" even better than 5.

Thanks! The wife want's to go back out and re-do the pictures so she can dress up for it better than "running clothes". Of course, she's never happy with the way she comes out in photos lol.

I think I'll try and do it a tad later so the sun isn't so harsh in some of the shots, or do ya'll think the sunlight/shadows are ok?

I don't MIND the shadows overly much in my favourite photos, but you are right: with the sun further down, you might get nicer colours - though with the sun shining out of a blue sky, you'll always get shadows, and they will get longer and longer and longer.

And yes, now I see why you couldn't include all of "doggie" into the shadow self-portrait. Makes sense. ;)

Great, fun shots. I really enjoyed them. Like #5 in the original set (th fav of many).
The second set with your wife and dog is awesome!

Man, this is the most responses I think I've ever gotten on one of my 'shoots'. I'm psyched, especially with all the positives from everyone here.

myfotoguy: I love the wife/dog picture too, his expression is priceless. Here is one of his 'model' poses, he calls this .... 'Blue Steel' (If you haven't seen Zoolander, you probably won't get the joke lol)

4553453994_4af96195d3_o.jpg

I decided to not post this one with the others b/c I don't like the way my wife's hair is all over the place. Other than that, I love his
expression in this one also.

Edit: Looking back, the smile picture and 'blue steel' shot, her hair is the same in both lol. I guess it jumped out to me more on this photo though.

Most reactions

Back