What's new

GMC HDR

q.c

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
SK, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it looks like theres some noise on the right side but it was actually just snowing when I took it today.

GMC_by_Grunge_Legend.jpg
 
love love love it. I am a huge fan of old truck pictures!!! I love the mood that it gives off. Great Job!!
 
Thanks! I was happy with it after I played in photoshop for a bit.
 
Love it!! I love more intense HDRs like this, rather than the soft one which you can barley notice a difference, Good work! :thumbup:
 
thanks! i'll post the original image tomorrow, then you can also see why i decided to do an HDR
 
You still lost some details in the shadows particularly the wheel and wheel well.
 
why would you HDR this image?

To make it look the way it does. I know that the "intended" use of HDR is to bring out shadows and pull down highlights to get a scene looking "the way the eye sees it", but photography is art. I'm sick of hearing people saying that "you didn't need to HDR this shot" and whatnot. If the photographer did it and is happy with the result, it was the right time to use it.

Yes, lots of the time HDR's look overdone and cheesy, but it's all personal preference. I almost always hate the harry potter look that comes with overdone ones, but in this case, I think it looks awesome. Don't worry about the lost detail on the wheels and in the cab; if you brought that out, it would probably detract from the overall look and just be more distracting.

Sure, that's not how it looked when you were there, but who cares.
 
thanks mdtusz, yeah the original did not look right, and I agree sometimes HDR is just used as a personal preference I like both the overdone HDR if its done right and also the HDR's that are done to a more subtle look as to catch the intended look of the scene
 
I love the processing. If anything I would like to see slightly more of the vehicle (at least to fully include the wheel). Would look good on a book cover for some sort of motor themed horror story.
 
pretty cool I love this photo, hdr's are so cool imo
 
why would you HDR this image?

To make it look the way it does. I know that the "intended" use of HDR is to bring out shadows and pull down highlights to get a scene looking "the way the eye sees it", but photography is art. I'm sick of hearing people saying that "you didn't need to HDR this shot" and whatnot. If the photographer did it and is happy with the result, it was the right time to use it.

Yes, lots of the time HDR's look overdone and cheesy, but it's all personal preference. I almost always hate the harry potter look that comes with overdone ones, but in this case, I think it looks awesome. Don't worry about the lost detail on the wheels and in the cab; if you brought that out, it would probably detract from the overall look and just be more distracting.

Sure, that's not how it looked when you were there, but who cares.

Well...if you manipulate it in such a way that it's becoming more like a painting, then it stopped being a photograph. I do realize that you could use an HDR as a whole other art form but for the sake of newbies, we need to tell them what the original concept is supposed to be. It's hard to criticize an HDR because well....aside from the original intention, I have no idea what's a "good" HDR is supposed to look like.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom