There is a ton of distractions in this shot. Too much coverage.
I would experiment shots from different angles, and I definitely agree with the lower angle as part of the change. Seeing the headstone and flag from different angles should be interesting.
When I think of thanking the dead, I was thinking it was going to be an older headstone.
Maybe it is just me, but I would do the same kind of shot with an older headstone and compare shots.
I do not know if you placed the flag there, so you may need to bring a flag with you.
Also, you may want to find a grave site that has hills. The elevation change may help your shot.
Sorry, I am just thinking of the different possibilities.
I have been thinking of the different grave sites by me. My morbid mind has been looking that way for a few months now.