God's Acre - Veteran's Candlelight Tribute

The last is my fav. (A side note on the newspaper @$$hat - when we, fellow news photogs, shot funerals and similar stories, we dress appropriately and ALWAYS shot with long lenses ... a dark suit and tie and we backed off. This was a public ceremony for all, I suspect, but I still would have shot it long, quietly and with respect. Either times have changed or the @$$hat was just an @$$hat.)

Absolutely #3 is my favorite. It is very moving to me and I would hang it on my wall. The light is perfect in the Scottish shot. Great job and well done being respectful and polite.

To me the markers into infinity is the best because it reminds one of the enormous sacrifices made by our military. Shortly after the Vietnam Memorial Wall was unveiled I had the opportunity to visit and view. I remember thinking when walking up that it was rather plain, then as I got closer and the thousands of names carved in the stone came into view the feeling of loss that swept over me overwhelming.
It's hard to describe the feeling, but overwhelming is what it is!

The last is my fav. (A side note on the newspaper @$$hat - when we, fellow news photogs, shot funerals and similar stories, we dress appropriately and ALWAYS shot with long lenses ... a dark suit and tie and we backed off. This was a public ceremony for all, I suspect, but I still would have shot it long, quietly and with respect. Either times have changed or the @$$hat was just an @$$hat.)
This guy is an @$$hat; I know pretty much all the print & video guys in town, and pretty much everyone gets along and is considerate. When the the TV news guy was moving, he'd look around and get a thumbs up from everyone so the knew he wasn't in our sight lines; likewise, when I'm moving, I make sure I stay out of his shot and don't block his lines. Mr. Newspaper-@$$hat? Not so much...

Absolutely #3 is my favorite. It is very moving to me and I would hang it on my wall. The light is perfect in the Scottish shot. Great job and well done being respectful and polite.
Thank you! :)

John these are wonderful. You did a superb job, and obviously know how to shoot an event and work around and with whatever's happening. I especially like the way you got the sunlight in the second one, that's nice.

My comment otherwise is that the asshat isn't a photographer, but some nincompoop with a camera.

John these are wonderful. You did a superb job, and obviously know how to shoot an event and work around and with whatever's happening. I especially like the way you got the sunlight in the second one, that's nice.
Thanks Sharon! :)

My comment otherwise is that the asshat isn't a photographer, but some nincompoop with a camera.
Unfortunately, he's a GOOD photographer... just not, IMO, an ethical one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back