Goin digital!!!!!

spiralout said:
... that is, until I realized just how much it costs to get 2-3 rolls of film developed a day!

costs about 13 cents to develop 72 exposures and if you know how to use a camera, most of the frames will be quality.

wait, *sudden realization*.....

To Motocon: I don't plan on jumping into doing my own darkroom work just yet; especially not with color. I would rather leave it to other people to develop my film so I can see exactly (well as exactly as the friendly folks as Walgreens can muster) how my shots came out. I've only been doing it for a month. Thanx. I always appreciate constructive criticism.

And to Axel: Sweet toast! I though I HAD shopped around! These HAVE to be gray market items...there's no way they could be so cheap. Speaking of which, what is the general consensus on gray market equipment?

"costs about 13 cents to develop 72 exposures and if you know how to use a camera, most of the frames will be quality."

Last time I took my film in 24 exp costs me $7.99 plus $3.99 for film. I will stick with digital. I have boxes of pictures with no where to put them. Last night I spent an hour looking for a picture of me and Arnold (terminator) I never found it.

Call me cheap but my wallet shrunk and a hesitated everytime I pushed the button. Now I click away worry free. Plus I am not afraid to try different fstops and shutter speeds. You are probably good enough that every picture you take turns out. Me blurry but still have to pay.

cbrdave1311 said:
Last time I took my film in 24 exp costs me $7.99 plus $3.99 for film. I will stick with digital. I have boxes of pictures with no where to put them. Last night I spent an hour looking for a picture of me and Arnold (terminator) I never found it.

Call me cheap but my wallet shrunk and a hesitated everytime I pushed the button. Now I click away worry free. Plus I am not afraid to try different fstops and shutter speeds. You are probably good enough that every picture you take turns out. Me blurry but still have to pay.

That's EXACTLY how I feel. It's really discouraging when you know that you have to pay a lot of money to experiment as much as you would like to when it is going to cost you a fortune.

mattvillano said:
i don't want to instigate a debate but the D70 is cheaper and really isn't that much different. .

Sorry Core, I had to rspond to that one :)

The 20d blows the d70 out of the water; there's no comparison. Between a d70 and a rebel I'd rather have the d70 if the price was the same, except that Canon is on top right now with the lenses they make. Just like Ford and Chevy the two go back and forth over the years; right now Canon is the brand to have imho.

We've already had this debate...it was run into the ground and no one wants to go through it again. So please drop the Canon Vs. Nikon debate! Thank you!

core_17 said:
We've already had this debate...it was run into the ground and no one wants to go through it again. So please drop the Canon Vs. Nikon debate! Thank you!

please please please will someone listen to core!

triggerhappy said:
core_17 said:

Well the maaaaiiin thing I like about Cannon over Nikon is... j/k! Ok I guess I wasn't around for that debate :(

Ryan Gracie said:
triggerhappy said:
core_17 said:

Well the maaaaiiin thing I like about Cannon over Nikon is...

ha ha!!! You had me going for a moment! :lol: :lol:

core_17 said:

Ignore him core and let the moderators take care of it... :wink:

I wish there was some way of reporting these attempts to fight though, with a simple click on a button by the message.

spiralout said:
To Motocon: I don't plan on jumping into doing my own darkroom work just yet; especially not with color. I would rather leave it to other people to develop my film so I can see exactly (well as exactly as the friendly folks as Walgreens can muster) how my shots came out. I've only been doing it for a month. Thanx. I always appreciate constructive criticism.

And to Axel: Sweet toast! I though I HAD shopped around! These HAVE to be gray market items...there's no way they could be so cheap. Speaking of which, what is the general consensus on gray market equipment?

I think you should call them in any case just to make sure... You never know what you may come across in this cyberworld!

AFAIK the main difference is the warranty. The US market products have usually a five year warranty and the gray market I don't know if it is a year or less or maybe you can't even have it covered by any warranty in the US! The quality of the item should be the same though, if I'm correctly informed.

Good Luck!

Kodak is better than both canon and nikon *smirks*. jk, havent even seen a kodak dslr in person yet.

Axel said:
core_17 said:

I wish there was some way of reporting these attempts to fight though, with a simple click on a button by the message.

Wow, that was really rude. First, I wasn't ever talking to Core. Second, I didn't know about any such debate of the past. And third, I wasn't trying to fight, I was trying to make a comment about Nikon vs. Canon.

GerryDavid said:
Kodak is better than both canon and nikon *smirks*. jk, havent even seen a kodak dslr in person yet.

Kodak blows in my opinion. We have all of their DSLRs at work, and I work with their raw files all day. Noisey, moirey, ugly.

Ryan Gracie said:
Axel said:
core_17 said:

Wow, that was really rude. First, I wasn't ever talking to Core. Second, I didn't know about any such debate of the past. And third, I wasn't trying to fight, I was trying to make a comment about Nikon vs. Canon.

What was so rude about my post? You were told already before by core that the debate had been going on before and that it should be left by now... core said exactly in a previous post in this same thread "Let's not start yet ANOTHER Canon Vs Nikon debate, ok?". I thought that would do it... So, when you say that you didn't know about such debate, it must have been because you didn't read the previous posts (and the one right after your first one in this thread) or you simply ignored it.

End of subject and back to the subject that the initial poster asked for!

Most reactions

Back