Going 35mm film or upping the DSLR?

There is absolutely NO LOGICAL REASON that digital captures must be fired off will-nilly, as if using a cheap point and shoot.
....Your entire premise is ridiculous if you think it through. Digital or film photo...either one can be shot fast, and shot poorly.
.... If you Think a Canon AE-1 or AE-1 Program will get better results than a Nikon D40 because the Canon shoots film and the D40 shoots to a sensor, you are sadly delusional, and are probably just trying to convince yourself you want to try film.

Indeed both can be shot fast and poorly, i did not mean to step on anyones toes. The benefit of digital is the instant ability to see if the picture were done properly or not. With film, like you say, you need to wait a week or two before you see your results and can determine if the picture were to your liking or not. I also don't think that the Canon, or whatever camera that shoots film, will take better pictures than my digital one. Why i asked for your input was to get a feeling for how much money it would cost to shoot film, and if id maybe be better off staying where i am...

I know Im nowhere near where id like to be, and don't take the kind of pictures that id like to either. Considering what all of you have written, i think I'm going to stay with digital. Partly for the ease of it, and partly that I still need to develop my way of taking pictures.

Get the 50 and stick with digital.
Film sounds fun but it can get expensive in a hurry and is a bit of a pain, once you get into the scanning.
Indeed, film sounds fun and thats why i was considering it.
I actually think ill save the money for now, and try to improve my basic photography first. Ive done some heavy reading the last couple of days, and the general thought about buying new gear is that you should only do so if you need it, not that you think you need it.

Im sorry for your lost film "gsgary".
I did not intend to upset anyone with my previous post, if thats the case i apologize...

Last edited:
I got a canon 650 film camera, it was only about 30 dollars. The reason I got it was because my girlfriend showed me some pictures 15 years old and the colors were great, I can't get the same feeling with digital.
For 50 dollars I would certainly try it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back