Going Digital?

morydd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.morydd.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have a Canon Elan7, which I love. I also have two lenses: a Canon 28-80 and a Tamron 70-300 Tele-Macro(1:2).
However, I don't love paying for developing. Most of what I shoot isn't worth printing. And so I find myself shooting less than I really want to for buget reasons as much as anything.
So, I'm thinking it's time to start looking at a digital body. So, what should I look for? I'd like to keep the lenses I've got (I'm thinking I'll use the digital for most stuff and keep the film loaded with B&W most of the time for the "artsy" stuff)
I don't plan to make my living shooting, but wouldn't mind the ability to pick up some spare cash for "friend of a friend weddings" or the like.
What equipment should I look at and what kind of price range should I start saving for?
Thanks for the advice.

It all depends on how much you want to spend.
If you want a cheaper option but still have fantastic results then look for a second hand Canon 300D. If you want a step above that, look for a second hand or new 350D, then a second hand 20D and then maybe a new 30D.

I think that's a pretty good look at value vs cost.

Meysha said:
It all depends on how much you want to spend.
If you want a cheaper option but still have fantastic results then look for a second hand Canon 300D. If you want a step above that, look for a second hand or new 350D, then a second hand 20D and then maybe a new 30D.

I think that's a pretty good look at value vs cost.

this advice sounds pretty good to me... i don't think you could go wrong with any of them... there is a 10D too...

it all just depends on how much you want to spend... there is also the 5D, and the mkII's of course... and that's just canon...

Go into a store and try out the different Canon models. The entry level one (Rebel XT) is smaller and has a more basic layout. The 20D (or new 30D) is a lot more like your ELAN 7 with the thumb wheel on the back.

Big Mike said:
Go into a store and try out the different Canon models. The entry level one (Rebel XT) is smaller and has a more basic layout. The 20D (or new 30D) is a lot more like your ELAN 7 with the thumb wheel on the back.

u agree. if you shoot an elan and want to get a dSLR with a similar layout and feel, check out a 20d/30d body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back