Gold and Green

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, the Goldfinch isn't really gold and the Green Heron isn't really green but I didn't give them their names either ;)

#1 - Male Goldfinch - Not as sharp as I'd have liked but it was early morning and a bit breezy.
2014-06-21-02.jpg

#2 - Green Heron - The bird may not be green but the scum on the surface of the lake is.
2014-06-29-01.jpg

Very nice. I wish I could capture a GF with catch light. Mine are always on the move or in the shadows.

These are really nice. Colour accuracy be damned.

Very nice. I wish I could capture a GF with catch light. Mine are always on the move or in the shadows.
Thanks bud. I usually have the same problem. They are such flighty little birds they never stay in one place for more than a few seconds, and if they see a human they are history. I've seen a lot of them but have very few decent shots of any.

These are really nice. Colour accuracy be damned.
Thanks, Baturn. I don't know why they call them Green Herons, I've never seen any green on them. And why not call them Yellowfinches instead of Goldfinches?

" I don't know why they call them Green Herons, I've never seen any green on them."

If you ever get to see one in direct sunshine, they have a real iridescence that looks green. I'm going to shoot it someday but it hasn't happened yet.

Excellent shots! Man I love the Gold finches they are just so beautiful. The naming of birds is funny on some. I showed some shots of my tufted titmouse to a few people and when they asked what is was,they laughed as I was joking them when I said a tufted titmouse.Love to have one of them finches in my Bird Cage.

Last edited:
Wow, that finch is just stunning. Amazing shot.
Thanks, Robbins! Glad you like him.

If you ever get to see one in direct sunshine, they have a real iridescence that looks green. I'm going to shoot it someday but it hasn't happened yet.
I probably have seen them in direct sunshine and just didn't notice. All of them that I've seen close-up have been that grayish-blue color. Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes open.

Excellent shots! Man I love the Gold finches they are just so beautiful. The naming of birds is funny on some. I showed some shots of my tufted titmouse to a few people and when they asked what is was,they laughed as I was joking them when I said a tufted titmouse.Love to have one of them finches in my Bird Cage.
Thanks, Dave. We have quite a few of them around here for part of the year. Come on down and we'll see if we can find some ;)

Bird names are funny sometimes. I often wonder where some of them came from.

Number one is stunning.. what a great shot .Ed

Very nice set Scott

#2 is my favorite.

I love #1 very much. The colour is absolutely brilliant. #2 I thought I will not like but you have captured it well and sharp. #1 is still a favourite if looks is a consideration.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back