What's new

Golden Gate Bridge at night

sheltiefan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
134
Reaction score
19
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C are welcome. I can't wait to go back and shoot it again to work on improving.

5153501812_b4d3847234_b.jpg
 
Great shot! I think a crop of the middle section as a wide panoramic would look sweet. Something like starting the crop at the top of the black area at the bottom left, and the the upper end would stop somewhere around 1/2-1" above the closest upright on the bridge.
 
Nice shot. Was that taken from the Marin Headlands?

I think that shot could also look cool if cropped as a square.

Here is one of my nighttime shots of the bridge:
city1.jpg


I am heading back to San Francisco next week - I can't wait to get in a few more shots of the bridge. I want to try out the view from Baker Beach.
 
Excellent shot...the second one is also beautiful in another way...regards :)
 
Hey Sheltiefan,

Nice shot! One of my favorite subjects! As for C&C:

What kind of PP have you done? I think deeper colors of the bridge would look nice!

Also, I agree with some of the crop critiques.... There is quite a bit of dead space on the top of the image that's kind of distracting, and you might be able to touch off the bottom if needed...

We should get together next time you want to head out there... always nice to have a companion, msg me if you're interested. I'm in the East Bay... what about you?

-David

5190859309_ec405b276f_b.jpg
 
Thank you all for your compliments and suggestions!

Yeah, the bridge was shot from the Marin Headlands side. The last exit from the 101 South before crossing the bridge leads up to Conzelman Rd. There's a couple vantage points with limited parking. If you head up there at night, take a flashlight as it can be pitch black out! Here's another version of the same pic with additional PP. The first image is almost directly from the camera, while this is one cropped, with additional sharpness, levels slightly adjusted, highlights recovered a bit more in Aperture3.

5190951239_da8ce2c2da_b.jpg


David, I'm also in the East Bay. I don't head that way very often, but if I plan a trip, I'll shoot you an IM!
 
I love the cropped version!

I am going to have to head up there at night when I get out there later this week.

I want to get a few shots also from Baker Beach and the Langdon Court overlook.

Here is another that I took last time I was out there. Its not at night, but close. Around 20 minutes after sunset.

city8.jpg



and here is a mid-day one from the Marin Headlands. The fog was just right that day.

city4.jpg
 
I've stood in that spot a dozen times and it never gets old. Well done!
 
Nice. I think you may have a SLIGHT tilt to it, but really well done.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom