Golden Gate Bridge

Nice Golden Gate.

You want to search the forum for "bridge" and "Buckster" and look up some of Buckster's photos -- he's the bridge man.

Here's a couple editing changes to consider (Photoshop)

$bridge.jpg

Your photo's histogram wasn't anchored on the black end and so I made a Levels adjustment and pulled the black point slider in. The haze in the air is knocking down your contrast and so I next stacked up two layers and set both Soft Light and Multiply blend modes to raise the contrast and cut some of the haze. Finally I brushed some Overlay blend mode on the opposite shore to further cut the haze. I went a bit overboard for my own personal taste, but I wanted you to see the potential.

Joe

I like this image, but then San Francisco is my hometown. :heart: I think you captured nicely the way the bridge can be half in sun and half in fog, both cool and warm, dark and bright. Even with the fog, your image conveys to me a sense of warmth with its slightly hazy feel and the inclusion of those bushes in the foreground. That's exactly how the weather is in this location - always changing. You could increase the contrast a very small amount, but not much. Nice composition - you nailed it.

I like Ysarex's edit, however I think it takes away some of that laid back Autumn afternoon feeling in the original.

Nice Golden Gate.

You want to search the forum for "bridge" and "Buckster" and look up some of Buckster's photos -- he's the bridge man.

Here's a couple editing changes to consider (Photoshop)

View attachment 14515

Your photo's histogram wasn't anchored on the black end and so I made a Levels adjustment and pulled the black point slider in. The haze in the air is knocking down your contrast and so I next stacked up two layers and set both Soft Light and Multiply blend modes to raise the contrast and cut some of the haze. Finally I brushed some Overlay blend mode on the opposite shore to further cut the haze. I went a bit overboard for my own personal taste, but I wanted you to see the potential.

Joe

Wow, I didn't understand what most of that meant. Thanks for the help, though!

I like this image, but then San Francisco is my hometown. :heart: I think you captured nicely the way the bridge can be half in sun and half in fog, both cool and warm, dark and bright. Even with the fog, your image conveys to me a sense of warmth with its slightly hazy feel and the inclusion of those bushes in the foreground. That's exactly how the weather is in this location - always changing. You could increase the contrast a very small amount, but not much. Nice composition - you nailed it.

I like Ysarex's edit, however I think it takes away some of that laid back Autumn afternoon feeling in the original.

Hmm, autumn afternoon? I guess that's a cool effect, considering I took this in the middle of July :p

Hmm, autumn afternoon? I guess that's a cool effect, considering I took this in the middle of July :p

SF summers feel more like a typical fall because there is more fog, whereas in the fall SF gets more sunshine and warmer afternoons. So, ya, you nailed it!

SF summers feel more like a typical fall because there is more fog, whereas in the fall SF gets more sunshine and warmer afternoons. So, ya, you nailed it!

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" :mrgreen: October always seemed the nicest when I lived out there.

Most reactions

Back