Golden Gate C&C

projectmayhem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dada04.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not in love with these, but I plan on doing them over with some improvements. A lot of the shots were unusable because the wind was whipping up harder than usual so it was impossible to keep the tripod steady.

1)This one needs a steadier tripod and a tighter zoom.
a%3E

3840670864_22220ce655_o.jpg

2)This one i really like, but i feel like it looks too post-processed and not natural. All i did was boost the contrast, play with the coloring a bit. I used a ND2 filter to get some movement from the waves but with the low tide it wasnt as intense as i wanted. next time i want to use a ND8 or go when the tide is a little rougher.

3839916249_7a74884ebb_o.jpg

a%3E

i really like the 2nd one... it has a gloomy feel to it.and what is even ncier, is that usually the pictures i see of the Golden gate bridge are in perfect lighting conditions, with a glorious sunset/rise and very punhcy colours....

Good job... I think if you used a higher grade ND filter, the roughness of the sea would be lost... as there would be more area smoothed out.

The first one looks blurred and the second one as well, plus that lucis art look further tends to over contrast and make it look unreal. I also think you chose a bad focus point, as the rocks are not the main subject yet the only thing close to being in focus.

Uhhmm... BTW, you missed the C&C section... this is BEYOND THE BASICS. "This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!"

A little more attention to reading the section descriptions would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

I love both. As barfastic said, it is nice to see a different view of this most photographed bridge. Especially one so nice. Tighter zoom? I like the composition.

The pp of #2 doesn't look too much to me. I think it works fine with the mood of the image. I do agree with you that a bit more action in the waves would be nice.

Nice job.

Uhhmm... BTW, you missed the C&C section... this is BEYOND THE BASICS. "This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!"

A little more attention to reading the section descriptions would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Sorry brah, but you're in the wrong section..

And I love the second photo; like everybody is saying; the gloomy, dark feeling is different from all the other ones of this bridge.

Well hell, I like #1 actually I think it would look good hung up and seen from a distance. Of course if you get weather frequently like that down there, then by all means go back and get a sharper picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back