Golden trails - does this work?

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hmmm does this work? There was a beautiful sunset tonight that I could see out of my landing window. I decided to peek through the camera to see if I could pick out any birds or anything that might fly across a clear bit of the sky (between all the lampposts!) and noticed the plane high up in a nice blue bit of sky. The plane and its trails were a nice golden colour from the sun that had set a few minutes before.

Its one of those times I wish I had a longer lens as this is a %50 crop as without being able to make out the plane a little it just looked like a random line across some blue lol.I focused on the plane as best I could so the further the trails go up the frame the mre out of focus they become. It may have worked better if it was all in better focus but at 1/60 second and 300mm I think I did the best I could!

Anyway, I really like the idea of this shot I'm just not sure I pulled it off very well due to the limited reach of my lens.

sunsetplanetrails.jpg

Nikon D200 with Sigma 100-300 EX at 300mm. 1/60 second at f4, ISO200.

Oh awesome shot, Silver ^^ I think you got a good angle on it to show motion, nice work. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back