Golf, Anyone?

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been a while since I've been on here! I just haven't had much of a chance to get out and shoot for the last few weeks, so I haven't had anything worthy to put up haha. This last weekend I took a trip to visit my family and hometown, and while I was there I decided to take a quick drive up to the local golf course. I had been meaning to get a shot like this for years now, but just had never gotten around to it. This was taken from above the 7th hole green, looking towards the spillway from Millsite Reservoir. The reservoir spills every year during the spring (or summer) snowmelt.

I am not 100% sure how I feel about the flag leaning. In a way, it seems more natural than it would if it were perfectly vertical. But at the same time, it seems like it may be a little out of place. If that makes any sense haha. It also looks like parts of the waterfall might be overexposed. Is there anything you think I should have done different? Does the exposure work for the waterfall? Does it look too centered?

IMG_3578small.jpg

C&C Please!

Canon 5D mkII w/24-105L
f/14
1/3 sec
ISO 100

It's a nice image, but it could be better I think. I would suggest cropping the top off such that the waterfall is almost at the very top of the image, eliminating the rather industrial appearance of the spillway. I think the flag should go as well; it doesn't stand out enough to really work.

i think if ya caught the image with someone standing on the green, putting there ball, that would have been a nice extra element :) but nice picture, loving the waterfall in the background, golf courses round me either have motorways or housing estates in the surrounding area haha

Most reactions

Back