Golf Picture for C&C

acstewart85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these during a tourney this weekend, please C&C nicely, I'm still a newbie!
IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg
I really liked the last one but now it doesn't do anything for me...

The rest can be seen at my blog http://ashleyslifeandtimes.blogspot.com

Last edited:
You may want to post larger pictures. Hard to give good C&C on such small pics.

C&C per req:

(Disclaimer: My only association with golf is being asked to leave the Royal Hamilton Golf Course in Bermuda about 22 years ago for being involved in a game of polo using gasoline-powered golf carts down one of the fairways)

1. The image is slightly over-exposed, but what is really missing here is the point of interest. I'm assuming from the grouping and stance that they're putting. A shot from low down on the far side of the whole so that you could see the group and the ball in play, ideally just after contact with the club would have made a much stronger image I think.

2. While I'm not a fan of extreme angles, this one isn't bad. I would prefer to see the whole club, and I think given the speed of motion involved, 1/250th might have beena bit slow.

3. I don't really get much from this one. I think if you'd waited 'til the ball was right on the lip of the cup, or had just left the club face (ideally with more of the club in the image) it would have been stronger.

I would suggest too that the use of a polarizing filter would have helped greatly by enhancing the colours, saturation, and possibly reducing some of the blown hightlights.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

Back