weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out for the first time in ages after travel restrictions were lifted last weekend. I had expected to be hoaching, but my socially distanced friend and I were the only shore anglers to be seen. It's been 6 months since I set foot on a beach, so wonderful to have a cracking day to be out.

Gone Fishin 11 by wee_pete, on Flickr

This next image is my own little tribute to a UK sea angling legend, Ian Goulds, who passed a few days ago.

I never knew him personally, but he left his legacy all over the sport. The picture is of the DB1, his design of tripod that's been with me for over 10 years, an essential, well loved, well used, and indeed abused bit of kit that's still going strong. My thoughts are of course with his family, but I hope they take some solace in that he provided some top notch kit to keen anglers like myself.

DB1 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Lucky sod. Any luck?

Me and my bro are heading up to Ballater tomorrow in my Motorhome for a bit of still water fly fishing and golf. I do enjoy a bit of the fly but beach/rock fishing always has been and always will be my heaven angling wise.

Sad news about Mr Golds.

Lucky sod. Any luck?

Me and my bro are heading up to Ballater tomorrow in my Motorhome for a bit of still water fly fishing and golf. I do enjoy a bit of the fly but beach/rock fishing always has been and always will be my heaven angling wise.

Sad news about Mr Golds.

Yeah mate, did a bit of fluff chucking when I was younger, not totally adverse to it but I got a bit fed up with fishery rules and fell in love with the wildness that coastal fishing is. The variety of the fishing is better and turn of the seasons makes me feel a closer connection to the natural world.

Not much about, I blanked but my mate had a flounder. The boat lads were getting some plaice, but the kelp beds we'd have had to fish over means we passed on trying the same area. IME those marks don't really start fishing for another month or two but heard some reports that a few fish were coming off and decided to chance it as I'm expecting a lot of the popular marks to be busy. Had a good chat with one on the local anglers who was walking his dogs and stopped for a chin wag, lets just say I may need to start exploring a nearby area!

Number one for me....

Thanks mate, yeah the second shot's just something I felt I should do, so I'm not really expecting people to get it ;)

Nice set, #1 for me. Did you catch anything?

Thanks mate. I blanked unfortunatley, so I'll need to try harder next time. Lockdown has thrown me off my game a bit!

Most reactions

Back