Gone to the dark side

I didn't bother with the screen protector. Instead my teenager talked me into getting a Lifeproof case. It's waterproof, easy to grip and cushioned if I drop the phone. While I was just looking for protection from scratches and drops, she has used hers to take underwater pics and to protect it from sand and salt at the beach. They're pricey but if you can catch a sale you can get a great deal. We got almost 50% off during a Best Buy sale in the Spring.

If you have an iPhone, the glass on the iPhone and most other quality smart phones, is harder than a glass screen protector. But I still use a glass screen protector. I also find a holster affair to be an efficient and easy way to transport my phone. The case included with the holster adds another level of protection. I am pretty hard on my phones ... and cameras.

As mentioned above, just go to your phone service store, purchase what they recommend for a glass screen protector and ask them to install it. Much easier that way. Get the ear buds from Amazon.
I used to be a big supporter of the plastic films, and when the glass protector came out, I jumped on it.

Long story short, I'm no longer happy with any of the screen protectors. The plastic ones peel and get crap build-up on the sides. The glass one started to chip on the side, which caused a very sharp spot on my phone.

The only protection I have for my phone now is a thin Pelican case. It's survived multiple falls, several onto concrete. Good enough for me. :smile:

I didn't bother with the screen protector. Instead my teenager talked me into getting a Lifeproof case. It's waterproof, easy to grip and cushioned if I drop the phone. While I was just looking for protection from scratches and drops, she has used hers to take underwater pics and to protect it from sand and salt at the beach. They're pricey but if you can catch a sale you can get a great deal. We got almost 50% off during a Best Buy sale in the Spring.
How thick is that case?

Welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones Lew. They get a bad rap but really are great bits of kit.

The best set of earbuds I had was Sennheiser ones, can't remember the exact model now but they were spot on.

Screen protectors I'm with Wayday. I prefer glass as they retain a better feel and don't alter the view too much. But they still need replaced from time to time and do crack, chip and scratch. I have found them quite effective at protecting the actual screen on the phone though. The only glass ones I got have been Panzer glass which have done the job but there may be something better on the market.

Yep the tempered glass screen protectors are the way to go. We have always used the ZAGG Invisible Shield. Never had an issue.

Last edited:
Used Google to shut down an arguement today.

I had an appointment at JH Hospital for a small outpatient procedure that required me to have someone to drive me home. A good friend, an engineer so he knows everything, drove and he insisted on a right turn when, from a gazillion prior trips, I knew that a left turn was proper (unless he wanted to drive completely around the world.)
My phone was available and I said, 'OK Google, how do I get to the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center' and the first words were 'When you can do it safely make a U turn.'

PS: there is no hospital I've ever been in that comes close to the care at JH. What a place!

Used Google to shut down an arguement today.

I had an appointment at JH Hospital for a small outpatient procedure that required me to have someone to drive me home. A good friend, an engineer so he knows everything, drove and he insisted on a right turn when, from a gazillion prior trips, I knew that a left turn was proper (unless he wanted to drive completely around the world.)
My phone was available and I said, 'OK Google, how do I get to the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center' and the first words were 'When you can do it safely make a U turn.'

PS: there is no hospital I've ever been in that comes close to the care at JH. What a place!
Yeah, but will it lie for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back