Good deal?

bleugt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My boss is selling his Canon Rebel XSI with this lens and a 16GB card for $900. I am new to photography and would just like some opinions on whether or not this is a good deal. Costco is selling this camera with a second lens for $900 but i keep hearing that my boss' lens is much better.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

the lens on that link is an L series lens which is top of the line, it is doubtful that costco is selling one L lens let alone two for that price.

most of the camera bundles at stores like this are kit lenses, which are lower end quality.

the lens on that link is an L series lens which is top of the line, it is doubtful that costco is selling one L lens let alone two for that price.

most of the camera bundles at stores like this are kit lenses, which are lower end quality.

Absolutely true. At the same time, it is a wide angle lens. Ii that what you need?

Absolutely true. At the same time, it is a wide angle lens. Ii that what you need?
Don't really need, but would be nice to have. I took it home to try out and it is very nice. I am new to photography but would like to get started. I don't want to pass this up if its a really good deal.

So does $900 sound reasonable? Should I offer him less...say $800?

Thanks

Don't really need, but would be nice to have. I took it home to try out and it is very nice. I am new to photography but would like to get started. I don't want to pass this up if its a really good deal.

So does $900 sound reasonable? Should I offer him less...say $800?

Thanks
You say nothing about the condition, age, or number of shutter actuations of the camera. We cannot tell the value of the camera sight unseen.

The lens alone sells for nearly $750 new and lenses don't depreciate as quickly as cameras do.

You say nothing about the condition, age, or number of shutter actuations of the camera. We cannot tell the value of the camera sight unseen.

The lens alone sells for nearly $750 new and lenses don't depreciate as quickly as cameras do.
Yes, i understand that. The camera is in excellent shape as is the lens. It has been used very little and is about 8 months old.

The more i research, the more i am leaning towards getting it. I might try to talk him down a little....won't hurt right? lol

Thanks for the help

Get it, Enough said...
XSI body: $649, (based on brand new)
the lens: $750
16 GB SD Card: around $38
=$1440 (roughly)
meaning you save $540

Thanks for all the help.

I ended up getting it for $850. The card is actually an OCZ 16GB Gold card. Overall the camera and lens are in excellent condition. I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Now I'm off the learn how to use the thing lol

Thanks again!

Sorry, you didn't get a "pretty good deal." You got a great deal with that lens included. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back