What's new

Good idea, Bad lighting C&C

Fatback

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
Kannapolis, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So there was some change sitting on my desk, and a cool idea popped into my head. I thought it would be cool to get a stop motion picture of one of them spinning. To bad I don't have the right equipment for this, but I tried any way. I used a small lamp for lighting, but even with it 6inches away I still couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed. I bumped my ISO up as high as I was willing to go, Which with my P&S 400 is my limit.

So here are the ones I thought turned out ok. I will be trying this again, but next time outside.

S1/160, F2.8, ISO 400
dimeo.jpg


S1/160, F2.8, ISO 400
10cents.jpg


S1/30, F2.8, ISO 100
quarter.jpg
 
def bad lighting...and the idea isn't that original.

keep shooting!
 
def bad lighting...and the idea isn't that original.

keep shooting!

Yea, I'm sure it's been done 1000 times before just not by me :sillysmi:

oh well:thumbup:
 
Could've tried underexposing it 1 stop to increase the shutter speed. /4 @ 1/250 seems like it would be adequate.
 
Could've tried underexposing it 1 stop to increase the shutter speed. 1/250 seems like it would be adequate.

Those speeds where with it already underexposed -1. I just fixed the exposure in Lightroom.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom