good inexpensive 35mm?????

99csvtoledo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im taking classes that require a fully manual 35mm camera. now id prefer to go with a canon somethign that has interchangable lense i can use on my XT also. but im open to possibly a nikon. what is a decent inexpensive model camera

I like my Nikon N65, it works well, takes great shots. I bet you can find them for under $80.

im taking classes that require a fully manual 35mm camera. now id prefer to go with a canon somethign that has interchangable lense i can use on my XT also. but im open to possibly a nikon. what is a decent inexpensive model camera
I have a few Minolta 35mm cameras in great condition I was thinking about parting with. and lenses and flashes to go with them plus minolta lenses are very very cheap on ebay. IM me if your interested

Any Canon EOS camera will do the trick for you, they use EF lenses, but cannot use and EF-S lenses that you might have for you XT. The XT can use either but EF-S lenses are for digital 1.6 crop cameras (except the 10D).

I would check your local craigslist and newspaper ads, don't worry about features so much because for a class you are usually requires to shoot in manual mode anyway.

Edit: There's a rebel with a kit lens on craigslist in St.Louis for $100, you can find these deals everywhere. Ive even see 1 series cameras go for next to nothing.

A fully manual SLR or an SLR that can be used fully manual?

Makes a huge difference. It would be nice to have lenses that you could use after you have finished the course.

True mike, I you plan on using it more after the class a nicer more full featured model would be nice.

I've seen Nikon F5's go for $300 lately. Any good 35mm should be available at reasonable prices. My favorite is the Nikon F3, pre AF but a rugged camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back