Good landscape lens before upgrading to FX? D810 vs. D750 for first FX Body?

I've got all the settings figured out. I'm going to check AF fine tune then test it out before work in the morning. Is "I was in the mountains, playing with my toys" an acceptable excuse if I'm late? :tongue:

the older nikon 35-70mm f/2.8 is also something to consider.. not very expensive used. very sharp and excellent IQ i plan to pick one of these up soon.
I had a 35-70/2.8 D It was a very nice lens. Unless it was pointed in the direction of the sun, then it wasn't so nice. Everything gets washed out when directed towards the sun. And remember, it's push-pull.

the older nikon 35-70mm f/2.8 is also something to consider.. not very expensive used. very sharp and excellent IQ i plan to pick one of these up soon.
I had a 35-70/2.8 D It was a very nice lens. Unless it was pointed in the direction of the sun, then it wasn't so nice. Everything gets washed out when directed towards the sun. And remember, it's push-pull.

i found a heck of a deal one of those yesterday on ebay so i bought it. looks to be in mint condition so ill see how it goes. i was reading how it got a lot of sun flare if pointed into the sun, usually i avoid pointing the camera directly into the sun so i do not think that will be a issue for me. ill see what happens.

i found a heck of a deal one of those yesterday on ebay so i bought it. looks to be in mint condition so ill see how it goes. i was reading how it got a lot of sun flare if pointed into the sun, usually i avoid pointing the camera directly into the sun so i do not think that will be a issue for me. ill see what happens.
I was having wash out issues not just pointing directly into the sun
But since you have one now you'll be able to see how yours performs

I was having wash out issues not just pointing directly into the sun
But since you have one now you'll be able to see how yours performs

well i guess ill see what happens, i did not see anything about that in the research i did on the lens, watched several videos, looked at several forum post and viewed the images on flickr for the lens the worst i saw was people saying dont point to lens directly into the sun or you get some pretty bad sun flare. hopefully it wont washout easily but ill find out.

So I've had a chance to play around with my new toys quite a bit. Here's what I think:

Tamron: Great lens so far; it produces beautiful starburst in sun and moon shots. It's also tack sharp with minimal distortion and is a definite upgrade from my previous wide angle lens. It's a little annoying to carry around (size) but not too bad.

D750: I love this camera so far! I no longer have to carry my heavy and annoying tripod up the snowy mountain at 5 am; I can just crank up the ISO and not worry about noise. Initially I kept wondering if I should have gone with the 810 but now that I've used the 750 I have no regrets.

Here's a picture I took this morning with 750 + Tamron 15-30:

dK75yGG.jpg

And one at night ISO 3200:

yQzRXW8.jpg

That moon starburst is amazing! What aperture was that at? I can't wait to ditch my 16-28 and pick up the tamron

That moon starburst is amazing! What aperture was that at? I can't wait to ditch my 16-28 and pick up the tamron

That one was at f/6.3. F/5 and below didn't look as good; I haven't experimented a lot but it seems that f/6.3 to about f/9 were all great for the starburst.

So I've had a chance to play around with my new toys quite a bit. Here's what I think:

Tamron: Great lens so far; it produces beautiful starburst in sun and moon shots. It's also tack sharp with minimal distortion and is a definite upgrade from my previous wide angle lens. It's a little annoying to carry around (size) but not too bad.

D750: I love this camera so far! I no longer have to carry my heavy and annoying tripod up the snowy mountain at 5 am; I can just crank up the ISO and not worry about noise. Initially I kept wondering if I should have gone with the 810 but now that I've used the 750 I have no regrets.

Here's a picture I took this morning with 750 + Tamron 15-30:

dK75yGG.jpg

And one at night ISO 3200:

yQzRXW8.jpg

Oh wow <3 o_O
Beautiful shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back