What's new

Good lens for the rodeo/speed events?

I went to an outdoor rodeo but it was at night. More than a fast lens I wished I had a powerful long range flash. The official rodeo photographer had remote flashes in the ceiling. I would like to try and figure out what kind of remote he was using and fire the same flashes as he was using.lol
 
... Edit.. I see John has shot Rodeos with a 200mm range lens also. Is it the best? Maybe not.. but for the price.. probably!
Key point though.. I was shooting INSIDE the ring; 200mm is awfully short if you're back in the cheap-seats!
 
^ There are no specifice seatings at these rodeos so I can be right down infront by the action! :)
 
A lot of the smaller towns in Texas had outdoor arena's.. but most of the larger towns would have many events indoor, at the local coliseum.


Where did you grow up in Texas? I grew up in San Antonio.

Born El Paso
Grew up in Pecos
Lived in Midland/Odessa in the 80's and San Antonio from 89 to 95! Miss it sometimes! :)


Ahh..El Paso. I have been to Juarez numerous times. Along with many of the other border towns. I miss the Tex-Mex food that you can only get in places like SA.
 
Back to the OP: After the rodeo, come back and post some pics! We would love to see them. :mrgreen:
 
Where did you grow up in Texas? I grew up in San Antonio.

Born El Paso
Grew up in Pecos
Lived in Midland/Odessa in the 80's and San Antonio from 89 to 95! Miss it sometimes! :)


Ahh..El Paso. I have been to Juarez numerous times. Along with many of the other border towns. I miss the Tex-Mex food that you can only get in places like SA.

Yep!!! I agree! That is why I love to cook! ;) I have good Tex-Mex anywhere, that way! lol!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom