What's new

Good neck strap for Canon 7D

Op-Tech straps for me, at least on heavy bodies.

+1

A well padded neckline with some light flex in it makes all the difference - the canon/nikon supplied straps are horrible - even with a light lens the hard leather digs into your neck!

The added bonus is the quick release clips - that hold a lot of weight and let you remove the main body of the strap for when you don't want it on the camera (say for tripod work)
 
Another vote for the black rapid here. I don't use the screw ring that it came with generally. I typically keep the quick release plate from the 322RC2 Manftoto head on my camera which has a similar tightening screw. The caribeaner from the black rapid clips onto that just as well as the screw they send with it and I can quickly detach and put the body back on the tripod w/o changing anything.
 
Hobbyists and tourists wear cameras around their necks...IMO. Pros only put it around their necks if they need their hands free for a brief second and the shoulder won't do. Whoever said it first was right--the gear is usually just too heavy to be good for your neck. Not worth it.
 
I don't use anything but black rapid straps. Fast and easy. And mine only has a zippered shoulder pad. No pockets on mine.
 
I'm looking at getting a Black Rapid strap as well, but I have a 5D with a grip on it and it's quite heavy. Should I be concerned with the grip becoming detached from the body if I'm using the screw mount on the grip? I suppose I could hook it through where a conventional strap would go and discard the Fastnr, but I like the idea of it hanging in a very controlled position from the screw tripod mount.
 
It seems that tripod use is a common complaint, but it need not be.

BR makes a fastener that works with most tripod mounts so you don't have to remove it when using a tripod.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom