Good news/Bad news

I'm glad you didn't go blind, dude! My best wishes goes to you!

Have you heard the natural cure from fishes? They can actually recover your vision fully...

Stay strong and live long!

I trust you are finding some peace with this aliment. You are a dear man. Even if things go south I am sure you will make the best of it. Know that your wisdom is much more powerful then your eyesight.

Love & Bass

Sorry to ready about your eyes - keep your fingers crossed and have regular check-ups. I only today bothered to click on your "read this" and you told me I was too accurate . . .just lazy in not following up your link earlier.

It's OK. This thread was more to make people aware of such things as Uveitis and how anyone can develop it at any time.
The floaters are still bad - sky, fog and plainly coloured surfaces really show them up. They keep getting into the central field, giving me blank spots so I only have about 95% vision. It's p*ssing me off because I can't see detail properly and that sucks when you are trying to take pictures.

I damaged one eye as a kid so true binocular vision doesn't really work - fun batting against fast bowlers and been a glasses wearer as long as I can remember including patching as a kid. If tired I can get bouts of floaters and as you said made driving in morning thick bright mist entertaining - you almost feel as if you are hallucinating.

My mother at 91 has better vision than me! But I have been fortunate that it has not stopped me doing anything although shooting with automatic weapons left handed can be entertaining as the cartridges fly past your face. I was right handed before I became left eyed! Can bat equally badly left or right handed, but owled right.

I had never heard of this condition before. Glad to hear things are ok at the moment, and you have my best wishes for the future!

Wow! I'm embarrassed to say that as a nurse, I haven't heard of this before... *hangs head in shame*
Regardless, I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, and I will be sure to have an eye checkup - haven't done so in quite a few years.
It's very true that the eyes can tell lots about our health - high blood pressure, diabetes, brain problems...so it is important.
I have floaters too, aren't they the most obnoxious things ever? Half the time, you'll see me batting away at a fly...and it's really a floater. Ha! :)

I get terrible amounts of floaters on a daily basis but AFAIK I don't have an eye condition other than nearsightedness, since I just visited the optometrist a couple weeks ago (and picked up another box of contacts!).

Good to hear your condition is under control, I hadnt heard of it either, but after working in an opticians for a few years, I no a few other danger signs, which of course leaves me paranoid if I get any eye symptoms-when I had my first ocular migraine I thought my retiner was detaching :blushing:
Hope it stays away for you.

I get floaters too Reg. I always thought they were cause by me looking at an arc, the sun, or some other bright light that damages the retinas. The brain is supposed to work around these when they're small and fill in the detail with virtual reality - if you will. But sometimes it forgets or I become conscious of them I see one. Sometimes I play with them and control where they go. I think I can recognize the shape of some and connect it directly to a time I was welding without a mask for a few seconds.

Hertz, you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers and I hope for a more complete recovery for you soon! Take care bro!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back