What's new

Good quality Nikon lenses?

kalliela

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
86
Reaction score
2
Location
Nevada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There are so many lenses and I don't know what would be good for an F100? Been told that newer lenses on digital cams would also work for this camera. I have no idea what is a good quality Nikon lens. Also, what lenses should I stay away from buying that are Nikon? What is a good lens for the money? Not sure I can spend tons of money but want something decent and not too cheap. Thanks!
 
The F100 can use almost all nikon lenses, EXCEPT lenses made for crop-sensor cameras--typically marked as "DX" for nikon glass, DC for sigma, Di-II for tamron.

non-zoom "prime" lenses made by nikon are, generally speaking, always of good quality--you can't go wrong. Zoom lenses are more hit and miss. Typically you can tell a good zoom lens by it having a constant aperture of 2.8.

A perfect "first lens" for a f100 would be a 50mm f1.8 af. If you want to save $$ without sacrificing image quality, you might want to consider manual focus lenses. The 50mm f1.4 ais comes to mind, as does the 300mm f4.5 ais.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom